World of Warcraft

All things related to games and gaming

World of Warcraft

Postby Vorlin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:55 pm

We all know I'm a WOW junkie...generally do about 9-12 hours regularly on my character, DicedOnion, while hanging out / questing / pvp'ing it up in battlegrounds with my good friend up in Baltimore, PrimeRib/OrganicBeef/Bunnylajoya. It's rather hilarious as we're on a PVP server (Illidan) and it gets pretty chaotic, especially when world raids are going on. They have this system where when you complete certain things, you get these nifty cool achievements (gong goes off, you get a popup of whatever you just achieved and everyone in your guild, if you're in one, and group sees it) and some of them are absolutely crazy.

Here's a few screenies just to give you laughs.

Summary of most recent achievements

Warsong Gulch achievements (capture the flag)

I love my most recent one...Fo Grizzle My Shizzle (hah!) who comes up with these?!
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Re: World of Warcraft

Postby keezel » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:15 am

I used to be a WoW junkie, then I got married...had a kid...got a really demanding full-time job... That pretty much killed my opportunity to game. If anybody has suggestions pertaining to obtaining an easier job and/or persuading my wife to get a job...do tell. :lol:
Only amateurs attack machines; professionals target people. Bruce Schneier
keezel
Jedi Bastard

Postby dinowuff » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:41 pm

keezel wrote:I used to be a WoW junkie, then I got married...had a kid...got a really demanding full-time job... That pretty much killed my opportunity to game. If anybody has suggestions pertaining to obtaining an easier job and/or persuading my wife to get a job...do tell. :lol:

That's like asking a surfer how to catch a perfect wave, or trying to pull off the perfect hack...

Once you upgrade from gf v1.0 to wifiepoo v2.0 you cannot go back. WIthout serious hardware changes - see:

balls v0.1
bank v0.00
house vNone

Please re start scenario
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby keezel » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:01 pm

I think you're right dino. That reminded me of a joke I read somewhere along the way...

http://www.wanderings.net/notebook/Main ... iendToWife

Upgrading from Girlfriend to Wife - Last year a friend of mine upgraded from Girlfriend 4.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that it's a memory hog leaving few system resources for other applications. He is also now noticing the Wife 1.0 is also spawning Child-processes which are further consuming valuable resources. No mention of this particular phenomenon was included in the product documentation, though other users have informed me that this is to be expected due to the nature of the application.

The source has more.
keezel
Jedi Bastard

Postby Vorlin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Just a few more...since I love WOW so much, hah!

Wintergrasp Chaos #1
The above was wintergrasp battle #234 or whatever....as you can tell it's promotion time, got a gank in the process on some poor alliance slob.

Wintergrasp Chaos #2
The above was wintergrasp battle #489736, blah...so much sh!t on screen, I couldn't see sh!t and was just praying I lived, which fortunately I did! Thank god for that priestess hiding in a bush yelling "DRIVE BY HEALZ FTW!!!", god I love those priests!

Freya! The amazonian avatar..
So I had to go find this avatar Freya...I did, and man, she is freaking HUGE...here I am in raven form and I'm nothing but a fly in her eyes, hah! I could comment on her body style, but I'll leave that out, hehe...

Good times all around! PVP Stats for the past three days:

3 nights ago, 392 kills
2 nights ago, 464 kills
Last night, 572 kills
Total: 1428 kills in 3 days, 8634 total kills to date...so close to 10k kills achievement!
Vorlin

Postby keezel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:41 am

Your UI needs some help...too much crap on the screen! I haven't played since the patch, but I think I hit 10k kills before I quit. Pretty much all I did was PvP. Was a druid also and only had one toon really.
keezel
Jedi Bastard

Postby Harbinger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 am

It looks more like you are small vs. the avatar being large. All of the vegetation and terrain is in proportion to the elf chick in the screenshot.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Postby Egaladeist » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Geeeeez Vorlin, just looking at those sceenies hurts my eyes :D

My nephew is a WOW junkie...don't know how often he plays now ( moved in with his girlfriend and just had a kid 4 months ago ) ...but he'd always be glued to the computer before.

Me, all those screenies say to me is: huh??? :mrgreen:
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Vorlin » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:37 pm

keezel wrote:Your UI needs some help...too much crap on the screen! I haven't played since the patch, but I think I hit 10k kills before I quit. Pretty much all I did was PvP. Was a druid also and only had one toon really.

Hah, believe it or not, that's almost the default UI...I only added the right Action Bar for all the stuff I need to use. As far as so many people on the screen, yeah...Wintergrasp/Isle of Conquest/Strand of the Ancients especially considering they're at least 15 v. 15 if not 20 v. 20 if not 25 v. 25 and it gets crazy really fast. Generally we all end up meeting in the middle and it ain't to shake hands or share girl scout cookies.

I love my PVP :mrgreen: ...
Vorlin

Return to Games and Arcade Room