Painkiller

All things related to games and gaming

Painkiller

Postby DaFoxx » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:37 am

OK
it's an OLD game, but if anyone has the answer, I will be a happy Foxx :P

game premise
one man, against the hordes of Hell
each level ends with one of Lucifers demonic bosses, these guys are damn nigh indestructible, but they DO have an Achilles Heel

I can reveal how to pop all the others, it's 'just' Lucifer' I am having issues with :)
the others all have something in the level that can be used
the first level demon is in a cave, in the middle of the cave is a firey pit, with a rocky outcrop out into it
this demon IS bulletproof, to kill him off, get onto outcrop, and look UP, when demon is on the outcrop, shoot the ROOF
this releases the net / roof above, and this will drop on, and kill th edemon, YOU have to jump off onto a set of steps on the side of said firey pit

but Lucifer is a tad different, to even get to see him, you have to kill around 60 of his horde, these will be hunting you in the level, once you get to this number, you enter a kill zone, where the world is black and white, and ONLY Lucifer is seen, this is the ONLY time you see him, the time to get him is short too, so whatever it is that DOES work against him, has to be available there, but so far, nada,

anyone else played this game ??

I do not play the latest games, TOO expensive, so I know that out there someone WILL know the answer
just hope they are reading this
cos this level is doing me feckin head in :D
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Re: Painkiller

Postby DaFoxx » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 pm

one of the bosses has a hammer, and to destroy him, you shoot at teh hammer until that is destroyed, THEN you can finish off the beastie.
Gabrial is a big boss, and he appears on top of the tower of Babel, just keep shooting and hitting him, and as long as you stay alive, then the level completes, and you will crash through to the lower floor, keep this up until you are at the ground, here you will see an arena style area, around which is a walkway, as you shoot at him, he will lose power, but then he will go to the centre of the arena area, and the statues surrounding the arena will re-charge him via shafts of light, this is when the statues are vulnerable, blast em to bits, the less of them, the less a charge the bad guy gets, destroy them, and he will be destroyed by your firepower.

still no clue about Lucy though :P :)
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Egaladeist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 am

Painkiller - How To Kill Lucifer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnB0SWxmQdA

:mrgreen:
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby DaFoxx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:23 am

been there seen that
it doesn't say how to do it
just a vid ....................
and apparently, once you DO kill him the hordes become uncountable
so you die anyway
fackin annoyin game too
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Egaladeist » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:16 am

it can be tricky..
you want distance between you and lucifer so he'll bring down the boulders and not rush at you. The boulders raise above your head and start falling,, back up more, aim towards lucifer and position yourself so the boulders fall between you and him. The object is to blast 1 or 2 falling boulders in mid air, directly at lucifer. This knocks his health down hard! his next move should be to throw his sword at you.. keep on your straight line and shoot the sword back at him, that finnishes him off. If you shoot a boulder at him, knocking down his health and he keeps his sword, he'll regen right away (the sword seems to keep him healed) and you have to repeat the process. I grab an armor and max health first.. then hold up killing the ghosts someplace AWAY from the ocean till you morph and can take on lucifer.

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/forums ... -Lucifer-!!
Egaladeist

Postby DaFoxx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:27 pm

cheers Eg
also found out that the game cannot be won, because once you do for Lucy, the second in command takes over and then all hell breaks loose :shock:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:48 am

Found a walkthrough and cheats site

http://faqs.ign.com/objects/566/566342.html
Egaladeist

Postby THE Doctor » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 pm

So fox old man.. do you find yourself on steam these days?.. perhaps I should dust off my games PC and do a bit of crobar bashing
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Postby Egaladeist » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:09 am

Hiya Undies good to see ya. was on your youtube site couple days ago playing the TAZ vid you made :mrgreen:
Egaladeist

Postby DaFoxx » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:09 am

I have been known to get on Steam on occasion
trying to get my head around Team Fortress at the moment
new maps new players
great fun, but I AM shite still
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Return to Games and Arcade Room