Games Room 6 almost finished

All things related to games and gaming

Games Room 6 almost finished

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:10 am

Approximately 30 games have been added and there's another 34 waiting in the wings...some don't come with jpg image so I've been scouring the net for images to replace the ' sorry no image available boxes '...

also most of the website has been updated and a ' Feature Game ' has been added to almost every page.

These additions will bring our total up to almost 300 games...that's more than most game sites...even the MiniClip Game site which is one of the most popular and largest only has approximately 290 games in their full list, and who claims to be the world's largest online game site :D

The only thing we lack that they have and we don't are multi-player games.

Now...I know there's a way to ' Challenge '...because there was a site I'm a member of who had it...but stopped using it...

This is how it operated...

if you wanted to challenge another member you would go to the Arcade and click ' challenge ' and it would take you to a challenge page where you would choose who you wanted to challenge and what game...

it would automatically send a pop-up to the one challenged...saying eg. ' you have been challenged by Egaladeist to play Soccer...do you accept this challenge? ' then he would either click yes or no...

if he clicked yes then I would receive a pop-up telling me the challenge was accepted ( or rejected )...then we would play the game...didn't matter when...when we had both played we would each receive a pop-up telling us our scores and who won the match.

These scores would then be recorded in our Arcade profiles....where our individual best scores were recorded and our Championship tallies of games ( highest scores ).

It wasn't exactly like this but it's the best I can remember at this time...

there was also a box off to the right when you played a game telling you who has the high score...and each game had a page where you could access how many times the game had been played and the top 100 score stats for that game...

Can we do this???

I did try to get the info on how they did it months ago...but it's a house secret I guess...but I did manage to get them to add our site link to their list of affiliates...so it wasn't a total waste. ;)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Shippwreck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:33 am

We can do all of that accept the last bit where it automatically tells you the score.

In order to get the score you would need something in the code of the game that takes the final score, however we aren't allowed to change the code behind the miniclip games at all (and even if we could i've never done Flash action script so someone else would need to volunteer) We could do it with people just entering there scores though...

However i'm afraid that someone else would need to do the coding for it as i'm barely having enough time ATM to do anything site related.
Google is god... of the internet :mrgreen:
Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:23 pm

But it is possible :D
Egaladeist

Postby Shippwreck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:09 pm

Yes it can be done if people are trusted to enter the correct score.

I wouldn't want to use it for any kind of league table or anything like that as it would be hugely open to abuse... which would happen :roll: but for just one on one fun and the score not being recorded or counted after that, then there's no real incentive to cheat and put in a higher score so it would work.

But like i said... i haven't got the time to sort the code out, sorry :sad:
Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:14 pm

Just a thought for the future...no rush :D
Egaladeist

Postby Shippwreck » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:35 pm

LOL,

Wth you theres ALWAYS a rush! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Postby Vorlin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 pm

With the "honor" system, it could easily be done because the code for "our" side would take the two, determine the winner, give out according pages, and do all the verification. However, there'd have to be an ability to audit the scores if one person put in 9, when they really had 3 and the other person won with 5. There'd have to be some way for the person who really won to say "hey, this is wrong". It gets pretty lengthy when you have to audit every step of the way but it could be done. I'd do it in php myself.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Striek » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:24 am

Dammit.

I've been looking on and off for multiplayer games to add to the games rooms. I'm trying to find either a java or python (assuming the webserver supports python) implementation of some decent card games and board games and haven't found any yet. I still want the TAZ to host a Euchre game but I can't find one.

I guess I missed the mark on this one again...
Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.
Striek
I hit my head again

Postby Egaladeist » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:46 am

hey Striek,

I know it's not easy coming by multi-player games that you can host...I've literally been to hundreds of game sites to get these arcade games ( and I don't even accept half of them...or we could have 600 games :shock: )...and still haven't come across multi-player games you can host on site.

they all redirect back. :sad:

Eg ;)
Egaladeist

Postby outerlimit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:07 am

one game i would like to see, if possible, is stratego... i've looked all over the place and cannot find it :(
outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR

Return to Games and Arcade Room