PREY

All things related to games and gaming

PREY

Postby chizra » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:24 pm

i just bought PREY. Seems a polished version of Doom 3 and FEAR. However the levels are fairly easy till now, but not like your straight forward, linear FPS.

however what i liked were the zero gravity situations. kinda new and rad thinking in gaming.

There are two level of skills available and when you start you can only play in the easy level...dang..

some screens..

http://www.fz.se/bildarkiv/album_show.php?id=947

Developed by human head studies.

cheers :lol:
chizra
Just beginning to get the hang of it

Postby burn » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:23 am

Sweet looking game
burn

Postby ac » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:25 am

I played it at one of my friend's the other day; didn't have much time so didn't experience any of the weird gravity stuff - but he seemed impressed with it. From what I played I thought it seemed pretty good, but perhaps not as complex as doom 3 (didn't see any wee gadgets or anything) - but then again I haven't played much of doom 3 since trying to play it on a slow system is a no go.

ac
ac
Probie

Postby J_K9 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:05 pm

The game looks very good!

Hmm... I was thinking of buying a game today, and I'm torn between PREY, Company of Heroes and Guild Wars :P
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby llama love » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Guild Wars? thats a name I aint heard for a while, the original or factions?
llama love
UtterTazNutter

Postby J_K9 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:28 pm

If I do get it, I'll start with the original, learn how to play that, and if I like it I will buy Factions :)
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby outerlimit » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:59 pm

guildwars as definatly a lot of fun..... and i really liked that it wasn't pay-to-play.
outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR

Postby chizra » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:14 pm

J_K9 wrote:The game looks very good!

Hmm... I was thinking of buying a game today, and I'm torn between PREY, Company of Heroes and Guild Wars :P

Actually, i also bought Company of Heroes along with PREY. But i didnt find time to go thru it at length.

Prey is definitely fun! It was those lovely portal puzzles, gravity puzzles and really spooky outdoors and props which kept me awake all night.
chizra

Postby llama love » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:46 pm

Guild Wars is definately worth the monies, not seen either of the others so I cant really comment on them, although those screenies look nice I dont think it would be my kind of game.
llama love
UtterTazNutter

Postby J_K9 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:21 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if PREY would be my kind of game either... I'm not really into sci-fi stuff ;) It does look great though.

Oh, about the game... I ended up buying the new Need For Speed! Hah! :D

I'll buy the new Guild Wars (Nightfall, or something like that?) in a few months' time, once I've completed NFS and had enough of it :P

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby llama love » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:10 am

Lol I had never even heard of nightfall...thanks JK. Not thats I have even gotten round to Factions yet :? Now I have some monies (student loan :D) though ill have to grab them both :D
llama love
UtterTazNutter

Return to Games and Arcade Room