BF 2142

All things related to games and gaming

BF 2142

Postby Vorlin » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:55 pm

So I've been playing this game since it started and love it. It's got a LOT of things that have been improved over time since BF 1942 got off the ground by the swedish company DICE. Since then, I've flown in planes from the P51 Mustang to the B17G bomber all the way now to the gunships and transports that 2142 offers. Land vehicles include the Sherman tank and Panzer IV all the way up to the Nakatoma hover tank, etc...

Titan mode is the only way to go, as it forces squads and teamwork. Conquest is just the same old hash over and over again with nobody working together.

Anyways, so I'm in this server that's running titan mode 24/7. I am a much better defender than attacking so the minute our titan shield goes down (shield has to go first, then the hull gets destroyed), I'm back on our titan to do defense. I play support so that means I can choose between my unlock weapons of a shotgun or a machine gun. Of course, in CQC, shotguns are "instant sex" so I go with my Clark 15B shotgun.

In titan defense, every person you actually kill will give you a titan defense +1 point. You get 7 and you get the Titan Defender pin. You guys figure out how much defense was done in this screenie, hehe... We lost, but I know for sure that some people had to have hated me!

Titan defense round ending
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby J_K9 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:40 am

Hahaha! Great stuff, Vorlin! :D

Actually, I earned myself a Titan Defender Pin... Not bad for a first-time Assault guy, eh? ;)

I am thinking of either following the Support line of upgrades once I've got all the Assault ones or just creating another guy and get the Support upgrades as I level him up. Which one do you think I should do? I'm thinking of doing the second option as it might be quicker, but I'll have to make my way up the ranks all over again :P

Titan mode is far better than Conquest, IMHO. It's not only the element of teamwork that makes it better, but it's also far more entertaining!
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Vorlin » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:31 pm

Nice! Yeah, getting unlocks early on is faster as you rank up quicker but at the same time, recreating kinda sucks. I think getting the unlocks you really want early on makes the difference. I haven't played any other class except support, mainly because I love the shotgun and I'm much better at defense than offense.

Titan mode is so much better and more fun than conquest. So much so, that if I'm in a server and it switches to conquest, I find another titan server. The general ass-hattery of conquest players just doesn't bode well with me. Not when I'm trying to get something done.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby outerlimit » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:58 pm

i've heard both good and bad things about this game...

i really wanna play it, but i dont have the money :(
14:35 < Maverick> I'm a gaywad
outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR

Postby Elsparrow » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:05 pm

It tracks your IP and EA released 2 patches within 5 days of each other for this game.

'Nuff said
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Postby outerlimit » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:08 pm

haha yeah....
i'd still like to give it a go *shrugs*
14:35 < Maverick> I'm a gaywad
outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR

Return to Games and Arcade Room