WWE - Undertakers music..

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

WWE - Undertakers music..

Postby Maverick » Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm

Am I the only one who still gets chills everytime I hear The Undertakers music begin to play on a WWE tv episode or at a PPV, even to this day?

He's been a fan favorite for years - I was home last night and was watching Friday Night Smackdown - while he wasn't there, they did feature a scene where his music was played. Then I was listening to it this morning and was thinking that it still 'gets' me everytime. He probably has one of the best entrances of all time..

I know we don't really have any WWE fans here, but any one who has seen a bit of wrestling through the years probably knows what I'm talking about..
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby cgkanchi » Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 pm

No chills, but yes, he does have one of the best entries of all time. Instantly recognisable and very impressive. I was a bit annoyed when he went through the "biker" phase, I felt it diluted his brand quite a bit.

Cheers,
cgkanchi
Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry website has been discontinued)
My blog (shameless plug, I know): http://biology000.blogspot.com
cgkanchi
Supertazzerfraggerlistic

Postby WolfeTone » Mon May 12, 2008 8:41 am

Heh Mav, yeah, still get the chills. Always have and prob always will. Don't get to see it too much any more but if I'm flicking through stations and come across it I more than likely stop and watch for a bit.
Don't learn to hack, hack to learn.
WolfeTone
I COULD be out shopping

Postby Elsparrow » Mon May 12, 2008 12:43 pm

I'm more scared by Undertakers face, less his music.
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Postby Maverick » Mon May 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Yea, I was like WTF when he went through the 'American Badass' phase, but I still liked him.. Never knew why to this day they changed his gimmick, only to change it back later..
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby THE Doctor » Mon May 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Elsparrow wrote:I'm more scared by Undertakers face, less his music.

hmmm thats right I changed my nick... yeh well I wos better looking
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Postby Maverick » Mon May 12, 2008 2:30 pm

WolfeTone wrote:Heh Mav, yeah, still get the chills. Always have and prob always will. Don't get to see it too much any more but if I'm flicking through stations and come across it I more than likely stop and watch for a bit.

I make a point to watch Raw on Mondays and catch Smackdown when I can.. We have been either purchasing the PPVs or heading to a bar that shows them for the last couple of months..

I used to watch it all the time, got out of it, now I'm back into it!
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby WolfeTone » Mon May 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Yeah we all know it's fake, but damn, it's still entertainment and I don't care, some of is has to hurt!
WolfeTone
I COULD be out shopping

Postby Maverick » Mon May 12, 2008 2:50 pm

WolfeTone wrote:Yeah we all know it's fake, but damn, it's still entertainment and I don't care, some of is has to hurt!

A good friend of mine works with an ex-ECW wrestler - that guy takes deep offense if you tell him that it's fake. Yes, it's scripted entertainment, but the physicality is as real as it gets. I'm not talk about the fake punches and kicks, but most of the other stuff - not fake at all..

Ask that guy about the dozen or so pills he takes daily for the pain he'll have the rest of his life.. Knees are shot, legs are gone, back feels broke..
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby Panama Red » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I like watching this stuff, but was real happy when the Nature Boy finally retired...wooohooo...his days are over, and you know they are scraping the barrel when they bring back Rowdy Roddy Piper, who I used to like.... :lol:

I liked it before the X Generation screwed it up and Vince's family became involved, like what a fecking insult, losing to his son....I mean how lame....

To me, the best tag team of all time were the British Bulldogs, I also liked Bret the Hitman Hart and Jake the Snake.... :P
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby WolfeTone » Tue May 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Best Tag team, the Steiner Bros!

Bret was my hero growing up, loved him. Pity about Owen.
WolfeTone
I COULD be out shopping

Return to Media Room