ACK!!! George is Dead!!!

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

ACK!!! George is Dead!!!

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:31 pm

My all-time favorite comedian George Carlin is Dead...

Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs, dirty words and the demise of humanity, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart and drug-dependency problems, died at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/ ... 2520080623
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Panama Red » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:31 pm

That is terrible... :sad: :sad: :sad:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby nebulus » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:01 pm

:crying2:
Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'.
(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)
nebulus
Going out is soo last millenium

Postby rapier57 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Caught that item just before I turned off the TV last night. Pretty sad. I remember hearing some of his routines on the radio when I was in high school. Hippy-dippy weatherman ("... and there is a squadron of Russian ICBM's on the radar, so I don't think we'll worry about tomorrow's forecast"), and some pretty outrageous stuff, for that time.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 pm

KUDOS, George! :D

The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts said on Monday it would go ahead with plans to present its Mark Twain Prize for American Humor to the late George Carlin, making him the first comedian so honored posthumously.

Carlin, the counter-culture figure famed for his provocative stand-up routines on such subjects as profanity, drugs and the demise of humankind, died on Sunday at age 71 after complaining of heart problems earlier in the day.

The Kennedy Center had only announced days before that Carlin was selected as the 11th recipient of its prestigious Mark Twain award, an honor bestowed annually at a black-tie gala televised on the Public Broadcasting Service network PBS.

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertai ... 7920080624
Egaladeist

Postby Egaladeist » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:08 am

In a tribute to irreverent comedian George Carlin who died this week, cable television network HBO said on Tuesday that it will air encore specials of more than 30 years of his comedy shows starting this week.

Carlin began giving performances on HBO as far back as 1977, almost since the network's inception, and the network will air the first "George Carlin at USC" as well as the final "It's Bad for Ya."

Sister network HBO2 will show 11 of his specials over two nights.

"Because HBO has had such a long and close relationship with George Carlin, his passing is like losing one of our own," HBO Entertainment Senior Vice President Nancy Geller said in a statement. "No performer was more important to helping our network define itself in its early years."

http://www.reuters.com/article/televisi ... 6520080624
Egaladeist

Postby Harbinger » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Well, looks like Satan will have some more company.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Return to Media Room