Michael Moore political movie released free on Web

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

Michael Moore political movie released free on Web

Postby Egaladeist » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 pm

Filmmaker Michael Moore released his latest documentary for free on the Internet on Tuesday, marking a first for the maverick director who aims to encourage young people to vote -- preferably for Democrats -- in November's U.S. presidential election.

"Slacker Uprising," a feature-length film documenting Moore's tour of swing states during the 2004 presidential election year, was made available for a free download instead of being released in movie theaters.

The maker of the award-winning anti-Iraq war blockbuster "Fahrenheit 9/11," said in a statement the gesture was "entirely as a gift to my fans."

http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews ... OD20080923
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: Michael Moore political movie released free on Web

Postby Aspman » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:57 pm

Good to get a movie for free.

Shame he's just as biased as his subjects.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: Michael Moore political movie released free on Web

Postby Panama Red » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Aspman wrote:Good to get a movie for free.

Shame he's just as biased as his subjects.

True, but at least he gets people to "think" and maybe just ask "questions" too many White n Wooly Sunday lunch on legs (all due respect there asp) out there who blindly/blithely stumble along, never ever questioning authority or just about anything that doesn't seem right...he does open up eyes to some of the rip offs out there, he does open eyes to shady politicking, he does open eyes as to the scammers and the lunatics, the trick for you and me and anyone else is how to weed out the dross from the facts....in other words read every side of a story and come to your own conclusion, don't just jump on a bandwagon like the majority of the people and denounce someone because someone says it's so..case in point, the majority of the people who diss him and his movie sicko are either a)insured b) rich c) work for the government anyways...or are Dr's...;)

Usually the people who try to discredit his work have hidden agendas or are assisted by the very organizations he is targeting, i.e. NRA,HMO....etc...
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Return to Media Room