My Deepest and heartfelt apologies to our American family...

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

My Deepest and heartfelt apologies to our American family...

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:09 am

but this is way too funny :D

WARNING: Sense of humor required: do not proceed if you're having a bad day.

"This Hour has 22 Minutes" which often has a feature called 'Talking to Americans'..if you haven't seen it...you got to.

Some highlights:

Governor Tom Vilsack of Iowa congratulating Canada on adopting the U.S. 24-hour clock instead of metric 20-hour clock.

Governor Mike Huckabee of Arkansas congratulating Canada on building a dome to prevent the Canadian Parliament building from melting, which he was told was a giant igloo made entirely of ice.

Al Gore responding to the question of whether he would continue the U.S. presidential tradition of visiting Toronto, the capital of Canada, as his first official state visit.

Bush responding very enthusiastically during the election, to the endorsement by Canadian Prime Minister "Jean Poutine." The reporter used the name "Jean Poutine" two or three times.

Americans congratulating Canada for legalizing VCRs.

Americans congratulating Canada on becoming part of North America

Americans congratulating Canada on allowing the Irish to vote

Americans congratulating Canada on getting electric lights in parliament

Americans congratulating Canada on building a tunnel to China.

A Harvard professor and students signing a petition to stop the hunting of seals in Calgary, and not one, but two, Princeton professors stating that they are strongly opposed to the hunting of polar bears in Toronto.

Americans agreeing after the election, that their country might be better off adopting the Canadian system of voting, which is to place either a pine cone or a piece of birch bark in a box.

Tourists at Mount Rushmore agreeing that the Canadian company that owns the mountain should be allowed to mine the plutonium in it, if they drill through the backs of the presidents' heads.

more here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/crypto-cana ... 00036.html

VIDEOS:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=seYUbVa7L ... re=related

lots more there.

I love the kid at the end...freakin' hilarious :D
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: My Deepest and heartfelt apologies to our American family...

Postby Aspman » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:18 am

You let the Irish vote?

That's still a joke right?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: My Deepest and heartfelt apologies to our American family...

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 am

Yeh :D ...the show mostly makes fun of politics and politicians that's why it even in the video it centers around political conventions...
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Return to Media Room