This week I have been mostly watching....

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

This week I have been mostly watching....

Postby Aspman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Got some movies to watch over the weekend while SWMBO was off at her pals....not THAT sort.

1 - Wanted - A. Jolie action movie.
Aspman review - bit crap really. Could have been a lot better. Angelina is too bloody skinny to be sexy, like a pair of wax lips stuck to a pipe cleaner . I saw Dusk Till Dawn last night with Salma Hayek dirty dancing with the snake. Now that's a real woman!

2 - There will be blood - Daniel Day Lewis doing his proper acting bit. The acting is good, the cinematography is great, the score is exceptional, but there isn't much of a plot as such. Miner finds oil, miner becomes hard nosed businessmen and adopts dead workers son kills a couple of unpleasant hangers on, miner gets rich, drunk,old and disowns son, end.

3 - Be kind rewind - Jack Black gets magnetised erases videos and sets about remaking them (Sweded) to save building of old owner (Danny Glover). I don't like Jack Black an awful lot. But I liked this, it's funny and quite uplifting. Doesn't try too hard and works well because of it. I'd recommend it.

4 - In Bruges - Still to watch.

Going to see Inglourious Basterds tomorrow and I want to see District 9 too.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: This week I have been mostly watching....

Postby Panama Red » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:27 pm

District 9 is a good movie, you will come away with some questions, but overall, it was well done.. :cool3:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby SirDice » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:50 pm

District 9 won't be in the cinemas until the end of september down here :(
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby keezel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 pm

I love "Wanted". I identify with it a little more though since I work in a cubicle and have an ergonomic keyboard I'd love to smash across somebody's face. Perhaps that's the only reason. But still...what a great scene.
Only amateurs attack machines; professionals target people. Bruce Schneier
keezel
Jedi Bastard

Postby Harbinger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:19 am

In Bruges was an excellent film. The humor was incredibly dry, witty, perfectly understated, and clever. The movie also has a very interesting plot that meanders but doesn't drag. The characters and acting were also spot on. One of the better movies I have seen in recent years.

District 9 was a very engaging movie. I was never sure quite where the film was going, but I was glued the enitre time. The movie has some subtle political satire, a few philosophical points, and a great deal of action/graphic gore. Very much worth your time and the overpriced cinema tickets.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Postby dinowuff » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:47 pm

SirDice wrote:District 9 won't be in the cinemas until the end of september down here :(

Dude Just download the thing
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby Egaladeist » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:46 pm

The last movie at the theatre I saw was Shrek 2 with the girls...the last movie at the theatre I saw before that was Kramer vs. Kramer back in 79-80 with my son's mother...the last movie I went to that I actually wanted to see myself was Dawn of the Dead in 79 :mrgreen:

The best movie I ever saw at the theatre was Young Frankenstein in 74...the whole place was gutting themselves laughing...most of us had to see it three times just to see the whole movie ( I saw it at least twice that I remember )...seems pretty lame now but it was funnier than ell' back then. :mrgreen:
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Panama Red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:01 pm

Egaladeist wrote:The last movie at the theatre I saw was Shrek 2 with the girls...the last movie at the theatre I saw before that was Kramer vs. Kramer back in 79-80 with my son's mother...the last movie I went to that I actually wanted to see myself was Dawn of the Dead in 79 :mrgreen:

The best movie I ever saw at the theatre was Young Frankenstein in 74...the whole place was gutting themselves laughing...most of us had to see it three times just to see the whole movie ( I saw it at least twice that I remember )...seems pretty lame now but it was funnier than ell' back then. :mrgreen:

My name is eegor...not eyegor...(which in Marty Feldman's case should be "Eyegor")(while hump moves to new position) :mad:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Egaladeist » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:44 pm

Got it on DVD...when I transferred all my VHS to DVD...it's a classic, like the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, or The Howling...I still think it's funny, but nothing is ever as funny as the first time...

Marty was the best part of it. :D
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Return to Media Room