films films films

All things related to movies and television...if you can watch it on a screen for entertainment purposes...you can discuss it here

films films films

Postby Aspman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:12 pm

My sister gave me a 60 subscription to Lovefilm.com for my xmas.

I need film suggestions to make the most of it. Allegedly they have 65000 titles. I've 95 queued up Star Trek (new one) and Mutant chronicles should be waiting for me at home now. Next up is the new TV series of Battlestar Galatica since my mate was going on about that.

then I've got Jarhead, Watchmen, 30 days of night, Appaloosa, 3:10 to Yuma, Band of Brothers,....

Quite a few new films and quite a few old westerns, even some Chaplin, Troma, 3Stooges, Kevin Smith stuff, Tim Burton stuff.

Anything I should be looking at?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: films films films

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:47 am

30 days of night

I've been wanting to see that. Underworld: The Rise of the Lycans was good. Zombieland was supposed to be funnier than Shawn of the Dead. Haven't seen this either but how about Saw VI.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby rapier57 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:27 am

Smoke Signals
49?
The Business of Fancy Dancing
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Postby Panama Red » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm reconnecting with some old stuff as well, just watched Das Boot the Directors cut and RAN, next up is Return of the Dragon, where Mr Lee whups Chuck Norris, pretty much the only guy to ever do that eh! Oh and The Last Emperor as well......;)
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Aspman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

Cheers anything considered.

The new Trek movie is very good. I'm not a Tekky but I have seen a lot of it. A very good reboot with a more modern take on things. The guy playing Kirk is playing Shatner. You could see a few of the mannerisms in his acting without it being silly. Same for the guy playing bones. Not so sure about the guy playing Spock, nothing wrong with it but I thought Nimoy's Spock had a bit more humour about him.

Well worth seeing.

Mutant Chronicles. Well not great to be honest. I like most things with Ron Perlman in it but this was pretty weak. Imagine WW2 done as steampunk but with pointy armed Zombies. Not the worst thing I've ever seen.

Good call with some old kung Foo stuff..
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Return to Media Room