Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:50 am

A Toronto man is on the hook to pay child support, notwithstanding a DNA test that proved he is not the biological father of his ex-wife's twins, an Ontario Superior Court judge has ruled.

Madam Justice Katherine van Rensburg ordered Pasqualino Cornelio to continue paying child support to the 16-year-old twins – regardless of whether he was bamboozled by a philandering wife.

“While the failure of Anciolina Cornelio to disclose to her husband the fact that she had an extramarital affair – and that the twins might not be his biological children – may have been a moral wrong against Mr. Cornelio, it is a wrong that does not afford him a legal remedy to recover child support he has already paid, and that does not permit him to stop paying child support,” Judge van Rensburg said.

Mr. Cornelio began making support payments soon after he separated from his wife in 1998. He had the DNA test after his former spouse recently sought an increase in the payments and a reduction in his time with the twins. Upon learning that he was not the biological father, Mr. Cornelio claimed to be a victim of misrepresentation or fraud.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... m_mostview

She has an affair, hides it from him, and he has to pay...and the Dead-Beat pays nothing.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Postby Vorlin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:54 am

God, this makes me puke countless times. Yet again, it's almost always in the woman's favor and this woman who had an affair (if it's true)got preggers by this other guy and she's going after her ex for support. She needs to have her uterus and fallopian tubes taken out for good, at her forced payment of the service. She probably is doing all this because this other guy she screwed around with left her for another woman.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:02 am

I agree...If this type of decision becomes commonplace...the only thing this will accomplish is to make men wary of marriage to women with children.

Because the extension is: other people's children will end up to be your responsibility.

And the Dead Beat Dad gets off scot-free.

Legally only the persons responsible for the child's creation should be held legally responsible for the child's financial well being.

If you did not create the child...it should be a matter of ' choice '...he was not even put into a position whereby he could legally adopt them...he was left in the dark.

If you adopt then you ' willingly ' choose that responsibility...and that ' choice ' makes you responsible.

By adopting someone else's children you in effect are saying " I freely accept this responsibility '.

He isn't the biological father, nor is he the adoptive father, so he should not be held accountable...

a person might make the argument he is the emotional father...but that was under false pretenses...maybe if he had known she had an affair he would have discontinued the relationship...

the fact is ..he was not given the opportunity to make that decision...to leave...or to adopt...

this decision is blatantly wrong.
Egaladeist

Postby Morganlefay » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:27 am

firstly...who the fuck are we to pass judement on this

Secondly...16 year old twins...did the guy love them regardless ... ...and then recently one day decide...he doesnt love them or care for them any more...because they werent his....what kinda fucken creep is that!!!

I loved you since you was a baby....but now I dont any more....because it cost money...

Talk about abandonment....way to scar the kids for life....like they had anything to do with the whole thing.

I hate people that use childern as pawns in thier relationship games....

Good on ya Eg ...... :finger:

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:09 am

But that ought to be his choice...not forced upon him...sure he probably loves those kids, probably would have provided for them even if the court didn't say he had to...

but...

he ought to have the choice.

He should not be ' forced ' to do it...the biological father should be held ultimately responsible...he is the only one that should be forced to comply with child support.

The one who has raised those kids as his own should be able to provide of his own free will.

why should the court say he ' has to ' take care of children that were the product of adultery? She probably slept around so much behind his back that she doesn't even know who the real father is.

I can't see why, when the Judge herself said that it was wrong what she did, that he should have to pay for her deceit...at the very least he should be able to control the funds so that they go directly to the children and not her...why should she benefit from this?

I've been through the family court system...I know from experience the lopsidedness of rights between men and women ...this is a bad decision.

Better yet...they should award him the kids and make her pay child support...that would be a 'ell of a lot fairer than what they did.
Egaladeist

Postby Morganlefay » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:09 pm

OOOPs :shock:

I appear to have been a little crusty last night....and maybe too much wine

Forgive me EG :flowers:

MLF
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:12 pm

That's OK, I didn't take it personal :mrgreen: :flowers:
Egaladeist

Postby SirDice » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:57 pm

This is the most important bit:
“Mr. Cornelio was the only father the twins knew during the course of the marriage,” Judge van Rensburg said. “The relationship that developed from the time of their birth was the natural relationship between a parent and his children.

So, he acknowledged the twins when they were born and raised them as his own, the twins don't know any better. Yeah, he got screwed.. Multiple times probably, but he should have done the DNA test when they were born. So shut up and put up the money.

Biological or not, he was their dad.... What if those twins were adopted?
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Morganlefay » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:12 am

Biological or not, he was their dad....

Yep....thats what I was trying to say

...only Sir Dice put it much nicer

:good:

MLF
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 am

he should have done the DNA test when they were born

Dice, you can't be serious...that's like saying ' I love ya Baby, let's get married..but first can you sign this pre-nupt? ' Asking to get a DNA test to make sure the children are yours is tantamount to calling a woman a s_ut....granted it turned out she was, but he didn't know that.
No guy in his right mind is going to ask for a DNA test when he's told ' Oh, my god, I've got great news, I'm pregnant, we're going to have a baby! '
' that's great news honey, but...can we get a DNA test? ' :mrgreen:

Biological or not, he was their dad....

yes...he is their Dad , and probably loves them very much, probably would continue to support them anyways...but he should not be told that he ' has to '

What if those twins were adopted?

If you adopt then you ' willingly ' choose that responsibility...and that ' choice ' makes you responsible.
By adopting someone else's children you in effect are saying " I freely accept this responsibility '.

He was not given the choice of adoption...maybe he would adopt them...but until he does only the biological father should be held ' legally ' accountable.

In my life I have been in several relationships where the woman I was seeing or living with had children...of course, in my case, I knew they weren't mine...but I took care of them, and treated them just as if they were mine...but do you really think I want the courts to say to me when the relationship dissolves that ' I must now take care of them ' ...ell', right now I'd be paying child support for probably 15 children...

and, that is the next step to this...

guys who get involved with women who happen to have children ( for let's say 4 year relationships ) will end up having to pay for those kids.

That's where this decision will eventually lead...any guy getting involved with a woman who already has kids, for x number of years, will end up being held responsible for them.

Can't get the Dead Beat Dad to pay...let's rope some sucker into a relationship and make him pay.
Egaladeist

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 pm

SirDice wrote:This is the most important bit:
“Mr. Cornelio was the only father the twins knew during the course of the marriage,” Judge van Rensburg said. “The relationship that developed from the time of their birth was the natural relationship between a parent and his children.

So, he acknowledged the twins when they were born and raised them as his own, the twins don't know any better. Yeah, he got screwed.. Multiple times probably, but he should have done the DNA test when they were born. So shut up and put up the money.

Biological or not, he was their dad.... What if those twins were adopted?

I would imagine the bloke thought they were his and had no idea wifey was sleeping around. Shes probably said, in the heat of an argument, that the kids weren't his anyway, so the bloke has had a DNA test and found out that she was right. Biologically they aren't his, but should that make a difference ? I'm buggered if I know.
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:28 pm

I just don't think he should be ' legally forced '...he is not the biological father nor the adoptive father...

she slept around behind his back
she deceived him into thinking they were his kids

and not only does nothing happen to her...but she gets the kids, probably the house and everything in it, child support from the acting father, etc...

talk about awarding and rewarding the perp and not the victim.

Give him the house, the kids, the child support...and let her wallow in what she deserves...nothing. ;)
Egaladeist

Postby Elsparrow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:42 pm

There's too much stuff like this going on to actually make me want to have kids.

I like kids, I communicate with them really well (hell I got kids to behave when I worked in a primary school when the teachers couldn't when I did work experience there), but I'm reluctant to have kids in case I get screwed over.

And on a similair note, I sure as hell won't go near a kid in public if they are lost and alone, cos chances are I'll end up arrested for being a supposed paedophile, unless there's a female with me. And even then I am more likely to ring the police or keep my distance.
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Postby SirDice » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Egaladeist wrote:I just don't think he should be ' legally forced '...he is not the biological father nor the adoptive father...

Over here you have to acknowledge a kid when s/he's born. Then you take legal responsibility for it. It doesn't matter if you're the biological father or not.
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 am

If that's the way it works over where you are then, yes, a DNA test should be mandatory...but here, a woman could get married, and have five affairs producing five children, and the husband could be none the wiser.

I think this decision is a pandora's box...it's going to open up a whole new area where men are going to get shafted...

personally...I think this is going to be the answer to Dead-Beat Dads...can't find the person responsible, then we'll make someone else responsible.

I think it's high time men got a few rights too...everyone else is.
Egaladeist

Next

Return to The Cave