Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Re: Man who didn't father twins must pay child support

Postby SirDice » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 am

Egaladeist wrote:I think it's high time men got a few rights too...everyone else is.

I do agree with that. In custody cases i.e. the men are usually at the short end of the stick. Even if the woman is a total b*tch.
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Vorlin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 pm

Agreed totally with the men's rights...and I'm along the lines of Elsparrow too, really wondering if it's worth the effort of trying to find someone who I finally marry to and have kids, only to find out she was desparate to have a kid and once that's achieved, I'm left on the side with the chief responsibility of supporting both of them (don't get me wrong, I would love both of them but I've got both eyes wide open). Too many of my friends have gone through that.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Egaladeist » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Too many of my friends have gone through that.

No offense to MLF, Ally, etc... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

but...when it comes to Family Court and the way it favors women's rights...it doesn't surprise me why there are so many Dead-Beat Dads...everyone told me to give up, resign myself to the facts, that I had as much chance of winning custody of two girls in diapers as winning the lottery...I had to literally beg to get a lawyer to even take my case...

most Dads who walk into the courts immediately get the impression they are screwed...that she's going to have them twisted around their fingers for the next 18 years of their lives...

it's a horrible feeling...especially when you know she's in the wrong and everyone is telling you you don't stand a chance...

it's enough to break anyone's spirit...it's like the worst feeling you can think of...I spent almost the entire time feeling nauseous...

sure there's some p_icks who just bugger off because they're p_icks...but I'd be willing to bet a lot of them just gave up...

I also suspect that if men had an equal shake in the court system a lot less would be feckin' off...

right off the bat I was told I lost...she's got everything...she's won...there is only three ways you are ever going to get your children:

1. she doesn't want them
2. she's dead
3. you prove conclusively that she is unfit

and being unfit does not mean a bad housekeeper...unfit in Canadian Family Court is proving that she poses a physical danger to the welfare of the children...they have to be in serious risk to their health or well-being...

she could be on welfare, lazy, irresponsible, mean, high tempered, and she'll still get the kids...you have to prove she will place the children in danger being in her care...

it's feckin' crazy what men have to go through to get their children.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Ally » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:27 am

They've just adjusted the whole system in OZ and it is fairer to the parent that doesn't have full time custody of the kids. They try and get the parents to do shared custody if they live close enough to each other (one week at one parents house, one week at the other). Instead of the whole wage of a parent being taken into consideration for maintenance, there is now a basic living wage and then the money over that is used to determine the amount of money paid to the parent that has the majority of custody.

And then you could be an arsehole like my X and cheat, which he is still doing btw. Claims a single parents pension, tells them he works 15 hours a week and works full time - all so that he doesn't have to give me anything. Women are just as wary as men with these issues.
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Postby Egaladeist » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Well it's good to see Ally that the system is changing down there...personally, I'd rather be beaten repeatedly with a bat than have to go through that sh_t again...

and you're right women have to put up with crap too...like I said I've been in several relationships that involved women who already had children, so I've seen both sides.
Egaladeist

Postby Morganlefay » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Yeap...I had a guy move into my house and live with me and my kids for three years.

I had to talk to my lawyer to ensure he had no claims on my house or any other asset.

and he was the type of creep that would take everything if he could.

I had another one of those when I was in my twenties that took everything that we bought together...slimeball moved everything out one day when I was at work..no kids then.

I take offense Eg that you are putting the blame on women here...when here are sooooo many dead beat dads out there.

Either your an aashole or your not...male or female doesnt matter.
Anyone that doesnt do right for their kids and uses them as pawns in there sick little game is an asshole in my books.

In the original thread...the guy raised them as his own kids yil recently he found out they werent his....he is an asshole if he just walks away now.

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm

I take offense Eg that you are putting the blame on women here

No...I'm not blaming women...I love women :mrgreen: ...I blame an unfair Family Court System that is still living in the 1960's...

after court is finished then there's enough blame to go around for both...

I've been in relationships where the woman I'm with has kids from another relationship and the ' dad ' never sees the kids, or never pays child support, or acts like an ass

and I've have friends where their ex used the kids against them, denies access to court appointed visitation, or moved out of province with a new boyfriend leaving them with a choice of either moving to the same city or almost never seeing their kids...

but...in the Court System...even if you can't see what happens from a man's perspective you have to admit it is still grossly unfair...for those Fathers who want equal rights to their children.

Most men, if they get custody at all, get custody of older children and mostly boys...even my lawyer said when we won that it was the first time ever she had heard of a father getting custody of children under the age of 3, both girls...it just never happens...but I had to swim through oceans of shit to get there. So I know from first-hand experience how unfair the system is.

...when here are sooooo many dead beat dads out there.

Granted most Dead-Beat Dads are ass-holes...but not all of them.

he is an asshole if he just walks away now.

i agree...he would have to be...and I doubt he will...but I don't think he should be ' forced ' to comply with a court order...at the very least the court should have given him the option to legally adopt the children first.
If I had been the judge I would have gave him the kids.

Woman cheats on husband
has child
doesn't tell husband she cheated
later they get divorced
she gets kid
she gets house
she gets all house-hold possessions
she gets control of visitation
she gets child support

he gets screwed.

As usual.

If they really wanted to be fair...

Woman cheats on husband
has child
later they get divorced
he gets kid
he gets house
he gets all house-hold possessions
he gets control of visitation
he gets child support

and she gets what she deserves...

nada. ;)

I've never cheated while in a relationship...I have enough problems pleasing one woman, I don't need the extra hassle of trying to please two at the same time :mrgreen: ...I don't think she should be rewarded for cheating.
Egaladeist

Postby Egaladeist » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 am

Ms. Cornelio was unable to shed light on the mystery of the twins' parentage. “Ms. Cornelio denies knowledge of who the twins' biological father might be,” Judge van Rensburg said. “In fact, she claims to have no memory of an extramarital affair preceding their birth, which she attributes to the medication she was taking at the time.”

She claims that she was was taking medication so she doesn't remember going out and screwing around on him , and has no idea who the father really is :rolf6:

Now this is the truly scary part:

She pointed to an expansive definition of “parent” under the Family Law Act under which Mr. Cornelio can be seen as “a person who has demonstrated a settled intention to treat a child as a child of his or her family.”

So...if you get involved in a relationship...and you have demonstrated an intention of settling down...and you've treated the woman's children like you would your own...and the relationship, for any reason, including adultery, dissolves...according to the ' new ' expanded definition of ' parent ' in the Family Law Act...the man will be held responsible for the children.

OK...let's say I get involved with a woman who has 3 kids...after 4 years we break up...then after a string of one-night stands and short relationships I get hooked up with another woman who has 5 kids...after 5 years we break up...then after a string of one-night stands and short relationships I get hooked up with another woman who has 2 kids...after 3 years we break up...

by this ' new ' expanded definition I could, theoretically, be held liable to support all 10 children. :shock:
Egaladeist

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:31 pm

OH...you're gonna love this one...

He was a father for less than five years when he learned his son wasn't his biological child.

Richardson paid an estimated $80,000 in child support over 15 years to his ex-wife even though a DNA test showed their first son was not his. Richardson said he paid support to his ex-wife while she lived with the child's biological father and then later to the biological father when the couple split up.

In just 5 years of a relationship he was ordered to pay child support for a child that wasn't his...then...and this is the kicker...she moves back in with the biological father and he still has to pay...then...and this is the truly insane part...they break up and the biological father gets the kids and the poor sap still has to pay child support to the biological father...

and the only way he gets out of this is the ex-wifey let's him off the hook.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /603240405

Gawd...what a freakin' world.
Egaladeist

Postby Vorlin » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm

That pretty much closed the door for me in ever having kids or getting involved with anyone who already has kids.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Woman cheats on husband
has child
later they get divorced
she gets kid
she gets house
she gets all house-hold possessions
she gets control of visitation
she gets child support

he gets screwed.

As usual.

If they really wanted to be fair...

Woman cheats on husband
has child
later they get divorced
he gets kid
he gets house
he gets all house-hold possessions
he gets control of visitation
he gets child support

and she gets what she deserves...

Wouldn't being fair mean, splitting the posessions and having equal time with the kids ?
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Wouldn't being fair mean, splitting the posessions and having equal time with the kids ?

Yes...I agree...but in this case i think, with the adultery, the lying, she shouldn't benefit from it...I would apply the same to a man who cheats and lies.
Egaladeist

Postby Panama Red » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm

Egaladeist wrote:.I would apply the same to a man who cheats and lies.

That's the nub of the situation the courts already do that, if the male has been in an affair the courts pretty much defaults in the female's favour...and the male hasn't a leg to stand on, which I agree with, but unless they start to portion out these issues down the middle, it will always be an issue as most courts are sympathetic to women (Mother's cause everyone's got one...;) ) courts in some cases do make mistakes....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith maybe if they had of given her ex husband custody...? who knows eh!
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby dinowuff » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Jeez people:

The reason men are found responsible for products of a marriage is based on some old 1700 English law. Basically - being a bastard; back then, meant no education, job what ever; so new law - If you were born to a couple, you weren't considered a bastard. All a woman had to do was name a father and the child was spared the label and consequences of being a bastard.

Law never changed. It's there to protect the child. In some wierd legal sense.

So just do what a real bastard would do. Only have sex with married women. Rubber breaks, no problem, no child support, no worries. Less the husband calls you out.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby Morganlefay » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 pm

hahahahahahahahah

fook Dino...yer brilliant

Too bad I am not married :cool3:

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

PreviousNext

Return to The Cave