Favorite Quotes

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Favorite Quotes

Postby Egaladeist » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 am

"Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth. Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, Thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought is great and swift and free "

...Bertrand Russell

"Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others." ~Otto von Bismarck

Anyone in a free society where the laws are unjust has an obligation to break the law. --Henry David Thoreau

Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich. -Daffy Duck
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: Favorite Quotes

Postby keezel » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Theory of evolution according to Scott Adams (Dilbert author):
First, there were some amoebas. Deviant amoebas adapted better to the environment, thus becoming monkeys. Then came Total Quality Management.

"...we continue to clamour for those very qualities we are rendering impossible. You can hardly open a periodical without coming across the statement that what our civilization needs is more 'drive' or 'dynamism' or self-sacrifice, or creativity. In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst". - from C.S.Lewis's "The Abolition of Man"

"You can tell whether people are clever by their answers. You can tell whether people are wise by their questions."
--Naguib Mahfouz, 1988 Nobel Prize for Literature

Ah the Internet: Where men are men, Women are men, and children are FBI agents
- catch

"My doctor took one look at my blood type and informed me I was a typo. I'm not sure how I feel about that." (paraphrased)
- coworker

"Some people are link slinkys. They're not good for much, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."
-Despair.com
Only amateurs attack machines; professionals target people. Bruce Schneier
keezel
Jedi Bastard

Re: Favorite Quotes

Postby Aspman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

"what's the difference between erotic and perverted? To use a feather to tease is erotic, to use the whole chicken is perverted" - unknown

"Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled in the entrails of the last priest." - Dennis Diderot (my sig too)

"All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
How long was I in the army? Five foot eleven.
I can speak Esperanto like a native.
I'm not afraid of dying I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Duirt me leat go raibh me breoite / I told them I was ill (written in Gaelic on his headstone)" - Spike Milligan

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
Everything should be as simple as it is, but not simpler. " - Einstein
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Return to The Cave