Especially for Eg, a little bit of Philosophy

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Especially for Eg, a little bit of Philosophy

Postby Aspman » Tue May 02, 2006 4:09 pm

Philosophy experiments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4954856.stm

When I vote I'm afraid I was very much with the crowd.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby Panama Red » Tue May 02, 2006 4:30 pm

Yeah I ended up with the same herd, laughed at the fat guy in the cave one though, like one of the comments, "where to put the dynamite"? Lol...

Most of these scenarios have so many twists, that whatever decision a person made, would probably be 50/50 anyway's or 'Damned if you do and Damned if you don't".
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Egaladeist » Tue May 02, 2006 4:44 pm

There is no right answer with these because it begs the question of our relationship with death.

The average person who has a fleeting relationship, in that for the most part they do not believe there is an afterlife or haven't really thought about it, and have a desire to maintain their life here, and a strong sense of self-preservation...is not going to answer the same way as someone who truly believes in an after-life, and therefore is not as reluctant to give it up.

There are so many variables to those questions that they really don't qualify as good philosophical questions.

look at big jack...

people with strong instincts toward self-preservation would blow jack up...NOT to save the others but rather to save himself

some people with strong religious ground beliefs and ethics would be inclined toward saving the multiple of lives...whereas others would feel that they could not take a life under any circumstances

philosphically, there are differences as well...for instance a cynic would react differently than a stoic...

Personally, I think I'd keep my dynamite a secret, tell the others the only way out would be to eat a hole through jack ( :shock: )...when they're done...slip through the hole myself, take out the dynamite, light the fuse, and throw it in the hole and kill everyone inside for being so friging stupid to let jack get stuck in the first place...

stupid people have no reason to live :D

Eg ;)
Last edited by Egaladeist on Tue May 02, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Moxnix » Tue May 02, 2006 4:52 pm

It would be a momentary desision. Who are the people involved, and in what condition?

Except the fat man of course......where would you put the stick of dynamite?
Moxnix
Going out is soo last millenium

Postby J_K9 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:56 pm

With the last one.. I'd have blown Big Jack to kingdom come! The course of action is CLEAR when my life is on the line :lol:

Seriously though.. I think I'd tell Big Jack to get himself out, or we'd blast him. As he wouldn't be able to get out, I think I'd have to plant the dynamite beneath him and blow him up :( Where the lives of five are up against the life of one, I fear the five are more important :sad:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Return to The Cave