Why Vegetarians should be force fed lard

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Why Vegetarians should be force fed lard

Postby Aspman » Fri May 12, 2006 9:33 am

http://www.hyperactive-stage.co.uk/blog ... sp?ref=196

I've not read the whole artivle bu the title made me smile.

Related to an El Reg article:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/12 ... ggie_site/

A provocative essay has been pulled from servers by Newcastle University authorities following complaints from vegetarians.

Nikolas Lloyd, who was granted IT services as a visiting fellow in evolutionary psychology, has had all his pages taken down and his email access rescinded.

Forum members on a vegetarian dating site took exception to the title of the piece “Why vegetarians should be force fed with lard”. It was one of a series of deliberately incendiary treatise, which included “Why banning hunting is wrong”, and “A woman's place”.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby cemetric » Fri May 12, 2006 9:41 am

Hehehe good article

This is a bizarre argument, largely because the reason is so flagrantly false. The tiniest amount of enquiry into the subject quickly reveals that meat is exceptionally nutritious. Weight for weight, almost any meat is more densely packed with nutrients than almost any plant. There are a few nutrients which are impossible to get without eating meat, and a significant number which are very difficult to get without eating meat. Whereas a meat eater is in little danger of missing out on these nutrients, a vegetarian has to be very careful to eat the right foods in order to get enough of them.

Well there is truth in this ... There is this guy here in Belgium, a musician (base player) ... He 'was' known for his vegetarianism (whatever you call it) ... Well after doing the veggie thing for a few years he got sick ... Went to the doctors ... They said he had to start eating meat or die :shock: ...

So I guess ... We were ment to eat meat for a reason ... And as always ... You have to use balance ... A balanced diet is best... combined with exercise.

.C.
cemetric
Corporate Spy

Postby Egaladeist » Fri May 12, 2006 9:50 am

There are herbivores, carnivories, and then omnivores..

We are omnivores...we have canine teeth...if we were meant to be vegitarian we would have horse teeth. ;)

Eg ;)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Return to The Cave