A few scary headlines from the last few days

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

A few scary headlines from the last few days

Postby Aspman » Fri May 12, 2006 10:14 am

Nine-year-old charged with rape
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tay ... 761013.stm

Pregnant at 11 years old
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210699,00.html

A sorry starte of affairs. The 11yr old is just enjoying the attention. I think her enthusiasm may well be dampened when her labour starts.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby cemetric » Fri May 12, 2006 10:26 am

Daaaaamn :shock:

It's just sad realy ...

.C.
cemetric
Corporate Spy

Postby catch » Fri May 12, 2006 11:43 am

Kids being abused and passing it on is nothing new.

This is what scares me:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=1948927&page=1

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washi ... lance_law/

Yeah, the head of the NSA was an active general that spied on his own people and now it may become the head of the largest intelligence agency on earth and sees no reason to resign his commission at that time (can you say "conflict of interest?")

The most powerful nation in the world is slipping into a totalitarian regime.

That is what scares me, and for you non-Americans that could care less... think back how good it has been for other nations when powerful countries turned this way. Just ask Europeans about Nazi Germany or about the Soviet Union.

Personal, sensationalist news is the devil, stories of child rape serve as little beyond limbic triggers to distract from real issues.

*sigh*

catch
Proud Nubian Princess
catch
Wankers Cramp - no - its from typing - HONEST

Postby cemetric » Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 am

Personal, sensationalist news is the devil, stories of child rape serve as little beyond limbic triggers to distract from real issues.

I concur mr. catch ... I've read the story about the NSA monitoring and catalogging ALL calls made by americans (mostly to calls to other countries, but also national) ... They must have quite the database over there ;)

It's not that the stories about the child rapes and young girls having babies scares me ... It's just so sad ... people are sad ...

Privacy is a thing of the past ... If you want privacy ... Go live somewhere in the woods, let them think you're dead ... no phones, computers no contact with the outside ... maybe ...and I said maybe ... then you'll have privacy

.C.
cemetric
Corporate Spy

Postby Aspman » Fri May 12, 2006 11:50 am

Accountability is so passé in modern politics.

That is what scares me, and for you non-Americans that could care less... think back how good it has been for other nations when powerful countries turned this way. Just ask Europeans about Nazi Germany or about the Soviet Union.

Got enought o worry about over here with the proposed introduction of ID cards, satellite tracking of vehicles. + any of the wonderful ideas that your lot come up with are usually very quickly exported over here anyway.

Menwith Hill is probably exporting our comms traffic to the Us already.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby catch » Fri May 12, 2006 12:01 pm

It's not a matter of privacy... it's a matter of control.

I wonder if all the would be revolutionaries are busy watching reality TV.

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess
catch
Wankers Cramp - no - its from typing - HONEST

Postby Kwiep » Sun May 14, 2006 1:36 am

What about the english having video footage of the terrorists who did the bombing in the subway, like from whe they came out of their house untill they entered the subway. They even knew they got too little change when they bought a chocolate bar.

Or what about radar systems bein able to identify a single bird over a distance of 300+ km.

It's not like the technology is secret. Just noone bothers to keep up with it.
Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac

Postby Panama Red » Sun May 14, 2006 1:55 am

catch wrote:It's not a matter of privacy... it's a matter of control.

I wonder if all the would be revolutionaries are busy watching reality TV.

cheers,

catch

So how does knowing everyone's phone numbers differ from a comprehensive "Census Poll", you guys do have those every now and then right, we just had ours or are still in the process.

The Gov'ts of Canada,USA,UK allready have all the information they need about everyone, it's called Social Security Identification,,,,you have cards done up and so do we (SIN=Social Insurance Number), evry time you conduct business with the state, you provide data for thier pool of information, it's just like us though where the Province/State keeps records and the Feds accumulates it all.

Like they were saying during this so called news flash, "Echelon" has been around for years, people just forget...short memories..Image
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Return to The Cave