Man Arrested For Protesting Against War In Iraq

The place for any Religious and/or Philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, Aliens, UFO's, space exploration, mystical bullshit, astronomy, astrology, etc...
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Man Arrested For Protesting Against War In Iraq

Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:32 pm

This guy is probably a Vietnam Vet, can you say "Police State".. good grief, this guy only held a sign that asked drivers to honk, he wasn't making the bleeping noise....the cops in the US are getting pretty extreme in their pursuit of non-violent type criminals......sad :evil:

A local man was handcuffed and arrested after standing at Nine Mile Road and Woodward Avenue in protest against the war in Iraq.
Victor Kittila, 55, of Eastpointe was standing near the road in Ferndale last week holding a sign that read "Honk if you want Bush Out," according to the Daily Tribune. Kittila lost the sign after police confiscated it and placed him under arrest.

"I'll be back there," said Kittila.

Ferndale police seized the sign asking people to honk because it was becoming too noisy in an already busy part of town, according to the paper's reports.

Under a city code in Ferndale, Kittila was charged with disorderly conduct for inciting people to honk their horns in a busy part of town. The charge is a misdemeanor with a possible penalty of a $500 fine and/or 90 days in jail.

"If we put up images of bodies blown up in the war on large posters, I don't think they would enjoy that, either," he told the Daily Tribune.

Kittila remained in custody until his wife paid $500 to bail him out.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9492566/detail.html

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:47 pm

Honk if you want Bush Out
Followed by
in an already busy part of town, according to the
That's a lot of honking.
Kittila was charged with disorderly conduct for inciting people to honk their horns in a busy part of town
You have a specific law for that!!!
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:17 pm

That's nothing, in Pacific Grove, California, it's illegal to molest a monarch butterfly.

And that part of Detroit has some REALLY screwed up local laws. Ferndale is a screwed up town next to Eastpoint. A town that is so screwed up they changed their name from East Detroit to East point. They didn't like being associated with Detroit (Murder Capitol of the world) So they opted to change their name and be associated with a rich classy suburb of Detroit. Gross Point.

Strange people on that side of the state.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:47 pm

dinowuff wrote: They didn't like being associated with Detroit (Murder Capitol of the world) So they opted to change their name and be associated with a rich classy suburb of Detroit. Gross Point.
I remember going home (Windsor) on leave from the Navy in 1977 around X-Mas and New Years and the Detroit Free Press was running a count sort of like a Murder Pool to see if the magic number of 1,000 murders (not manslaughter, not suicides, not accidental gunshot deaths straight out and out murders) could be reached or broken by New Year's eve, I believe around the time I got home the number was like 989 ,and yep come New Year's day good ol Detroit breached a 1,000 murders, to put that into perspective living now in Dartmouth Nova Scotia, that would wipe out our population in just a little over 10yrs...

I remember as a kid, fishing the Detroit river and being able to see derelict cars being tossed in the river from Detroit, and then to watch the evening news about them pulling this car out of the water and finding 4 bodies in it from a gangland slaying...it's no joke when they say if you drive through Detroit, to exceed the speed limit and don't stop for nobody, they can steal hubcaps at 70 Mph....lol...course that was back in the 70's I am sure it's a little better now, my Old man and I used to go down Skid Row on our way to Flint for some Coney island foot longs, and my Dad being a brit, scared th shit out of me once when I was 16, we stopped at this cafe for dogs, and to say the place was full of African Americans is an understatement, anyway, my Dad decided he wanted to use the loo, so the guy behind the counter say's it's upstairs, so my old man goes up and a few minutes later comes down and in his best Kipper accent decides to tell me how "Spooky" it was up in the loo, I near shit myself and I am sure my old man had a smirk on his face...sometimes being a brit can be a blessing when other's aren't sure what it is your'e saying....(good memory)... :lol: