Children and Youth in Crisis

The place for any religious and/or philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, etc...

Children and Youth in Crisis

Postby Egaladeist » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:20 am

Just an update...

We've recently received word from Revenue Canada that CYIC is 4th in a stack of 100 applications...which means I should be getting notice soon as to whether or not we're going to get final approval.

If approval comes through then CYIC will become an Official Registered Federal Charity.

As some of you know I've been working for charities for well over 30 years...in one capacity or another...either in a volunteer status or in, as now, a paid capacity.

But this will be the first time I will be running my own charity...the website, once it's built, will be on it's own domain...we already have the domain name locked up.

Eg ;)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Shippwreck » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:28 am

Great, hope that you get the approval you need soon.

It must be quite exciting to actually be in charge and run it yourself, i know that in an ideal world i'd be running something (no idea what) myself, although being the greedy bugger i am, it would undoubtedly be something a little more profitable than a charity (atleast i hope it would :mrgreen: )

Seriously though, good luck for the application. :D
Google is god... of the internet :mrgreen:
Shippwreck
I've posted HOW many

Postby Egaladeist » Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:57 am

Hi Shipp,

Thanks! :D

It's going to take a lot of work to get it up and running properly...but in the end it'll be worth it...for a change I'll be in charge of how things are done and where the money goes.

The goal will be to raise a minimum of $1000000 annually toward relief efforts...most of which will ' eventually ' come from targeted corporate memberships ( 4000 x $250.00 = $1000000 ) nationwide.

Initially though we'll have to raise the money the old-fashioned way...fundraising...until we can get what we require through corporate sponsorship.

A million dollars annually doesn't sound like much compared to the mega-millions raised by some charities...but most charities statistically raise less than $250000 annually...very few charities, by percentage of charities, make the mega-bucks, and it takes them years to get there.

I'm hoping to meet the minimum goals by the third year.

But I'm not doing too much planning until I see the registration approval in my hand ;)

Eg ;)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Return to The Cave