Is the USA fecked?

The place for any Religious and/or Philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, Aliens, UFO's, space exploration, mystical bullshit, astronomy, astrology, etc...
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Is the USA fecked?

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:38 pm

And through our position as the poodle up GWB's arse, is the UK also fooked?

Discuss.

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:49 pm

It's not looking too good... :wink:

Can't believe Brown is any better then Bliar.....as for Bush, well anyone coming in has to be better right? right? right? or left?....

I nominate Cheech Marin as the next Presidential candidate and his running mate is Tommy Chong, either or doesn't matter which, but a spliff toting President may just wake up everyone... :P (well at least make everyone laugh and get the munchies)

Maverick
Top Gun
Are you a Spammer: No

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:51 pm

Well, our economy, and in turn, other nations' economies seem to be on the road to feckdom at the moment..

They want to revitalize the economy here by sending out checks for set amounts to the taxpayers of the nation, thinking they will in turn increase their spending. You want to revitalize the economy? Find a way to lower the price of feckin' gas - people are working just so they can afford their gas bills so they can go to work... It's ridiculous - families don't take vacations because of gas price concerns. Spending is down. People don't have the means to spend when it costs so damn much to put gas in your car...

It's enough to piss you off..
- Maverick

Maverick
Top Gun

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 pm

And yes, Dalek is right, anyone coming in to office HAS to be better than the shithole Bush has put us in to..
- Maverick

Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:52 pm

Our current PM likes Busypoo too....

and yep the US is fooked

why did they stir that pot in the first place....

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Maverick
Top Gun

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:55 pm

I never vote (I know, I have no reason to bitch if I don't), but I think I will be voting this year...
- Maverick

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Maverick wrote:Well, our economy, and in turn, other nations' economies seem to be on the road to feckdom at the moment..

They want to revitalize the economy here by sending out checks for set amounts to the taxpayers of the nation, thinking they will in turn increase their spending. You want to revitalize the economy? Find a way to lower the price of feckin' gas - people are working just so they can afford their gas bills so they can go to work... It's ridiculous - families don't take vacations because of gas price concerns. Spending is down. People don't have the means to spend when it costs so damn much to put gas in your car...

It's enough to piss you off..
Yeah here where I live that used to be called "buying the local votes" only it was Rum that was used...Lol...

It's a band aid solution, your absolutely right about the Gas, that is what drives (pun intended) the economies.....if prices go up then everything that is transported will also go up in price to offset the rise in gas....it's the stupid speculators in New York that drive the prices up by buying tankers of oil before it's actually loaded onto the freighters, so we end up being stuck with highly inflated prices, or we may heaven forbid have another Hurricane just outside where the refineries are and voila they have to close and guess what, the reserves get depleted and the prices go back up...it's a vicious circle... :evil:

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Mav I'm paying 106.9p a liter = $7.95 (USG)
$2 for a loaf of bread.

And they tell us inflation is a 2%.
If we factor in tax and everything they gov excludes inflation has been about 5% per month for the last 2 months. Things are getting expensive quick. Unless you want a big TV they're going cheap now since no one can afford the electricity.

The price of crude has dropped about $15 a barrel and the pump price hasn't changed 1 bit.

I can't believe Blair was better than Brown. Well not better just cleverer. Made out he was being pushed to get the sympathy vote but jumped because he saw we're all going down the shitter and he could pass the blame onto Snot-gobbler.

I think we should all head to Vorlin's and hide out in his bunker. Or Eg's cave if we get desperate.
Last edited by Aspman on Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Well I am going for Hillary. She has absolutely no idea how to run a government, nor do I think she has the balls or the closed door support needed to rule by executive order. (That's what Bush does - feck congress, "I'm the President") Bushie had enough hidden support to install his own attorney general and other key individuals.

Now That being said, Bill back in the white house, will be a wonderful thing. His ol lady better listen to him and let him have access to the interns.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Harry
Site Admin

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:02 pm

AFAIcan see, the only outcome will be lower prices for a while - which is not a bad thing as long as wages don't go down too :-)
Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..

TAZ's better half: http://www.theadminzone.com/

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Well everyone (Western Governments) are getting itchy fingers for cutting the Banks Lending rates, so yep, once these go down and you have the money it will become a buyer's market, great time to buy that house (that about a gazillion Americans just had foreclosed on them) it's happening up here as well, but with our loony being almost par with the US Dollar, we can ride the wave a bit and maybe avoid the recession that is going to hit the US...

(let's hope the Chinese don't call in their loans.... :shock: :shock: )

Maverick
Top Gun

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm

Yea, Asp, I understand your explanation - you guys do pay higher prices than us. And I suppose that it's our own fault, living an hour or two outside of our work, driving the gas hog SUV's, that type of thing. Problem is, that's how Americans live - when something happens that affects that, things go to shit...

The solution is to obviously change our ways for the long term - but that's probably not an easy task..

Who knows..

Good discussion though..
- Maverick

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

It should be easier in theory here. The US is such a physically big place that transport is unavoidable.

You'll end up driving European sized motors. Never nice to downsize but will be manageable. I think it's starting naturally over there. Popularity of the Mini etc.

Over here were hindered by very high property prices. So the trend has been to move away to a cheaper area and commute in. So we also have a large proportion of the workforce commuting 1-2 hours.
Even with a devaluation of property it's gone too far for most people to just up sticks and move closer to work.

This is all coupled with a Gov with a BAD tax fetish. The tax burden on Joe Average is very high now and with the recent price increases disposable income has gone to shit. So everyone stop buying extras and the high street panics and we'll get job cuts and closures.

Unemployment goes up and tax income goes down. This Gov is already in a black pit with spending so it will squeeze the remaining earners harder to get what it needs. Repeat ad infinitum

We'll wait and see if the shit heads in charge intend to up the tax on fuel in april as planned (putting gas at about $8.10).

Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 pm

I should go to the US for summer vacation. My euro is worth like 50% more over there.
Double Dutch

Kamah
Account disabled @ user request

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:34 pm

My grandmother has a knack for being a bitch: You're gonna vote right?! You're gonna vote?? because if you don't a black man will become president.. or worse... a woman!!!

She's from the era that women have no right having so much power.

And no one forget:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usiraqwarpo ... vgZPas0NUE
"In short, the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003."
----
Because my family isn't wealthy in any consideration... we have to always vote democrat.(Except for when Reagan hit office, he was originally democrat but had to which sides to gain presidency. NOTE: he still acted mostly democrat while in office.) The way a democrat runs the office, we can actually make ends meat. Every time a republican makes their way in, our business sinks and we have to near closing. SO these last 8 years has cost us a lot. (Our business is a little hole in the wall tool shop)