Ettiquettes

The place for any Religious and/or Philosophical discussions, treatise, absolutions, ramblings, Aliens, UFO's, space exploration, mystical bullshit, astronomy, astrology, etc...
Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac

Ettiquettes

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:37 am

Hey, let's try to become more classy arround here. Let's all just post some ettiquettes you know or think you know. I'll start off with some I heard someplace or whatever. Please correct me if I'm wrong, even if you're not 100% sure I'm wrong.

Sigars:

- use wood to light them. Matches will do, but make sure the sulfur is finished burning. Use a gaslighter in the absense of everything else. Never use a benzine lighter.

- don't let the sigar ever touch anything. Don't strike off the ashes and don't tap em off either. It will make the tip to warm.

- don't relight the sigar when it's out. Also don't smoke the sigar till the bitter end.

- don't inhale in yer lungs. You're just gonne die sooner. You have to taste the sigar in your mouth.

Wine:

- when filling a glass of someone stand right of her (I assume her). Hold the bottle with your right hand at the thick part of the bottle. Hold the lable towards her, so she can see it.

- fill the glass till where it has the biggest diameter.

- let noone smell the cork, it's stupid.

- hold the glass at the foot. You can't pick it up like that so you hold it at the thin part while picking it up. Don't let it hang in your palms. That's something you do with cognac, not with wine.

Bring it on.

Eburonum
Probie

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:03 am

Beer on tap:

- NEVER EVER let the tap touch the glass, or the beer already in the glass. It's disgusting and against HACCP regulations.
- Beer glasses should be washed in COLD water, in a mild detergent, and rinsed in COLD water. Using hot water to clean or rinse beer glasses is a crime and shall be brought before the International Crime Tribunal. Before tapping, the glass should be made wet in COLD water.
- Always serve beer in its own glass. Beer served in generic beer glasses is a crime, as is serving beer in soda glasses or whatever else is handy. In presenting the beer to the customer, hold the glass as low as possible (unless you want your customers to drink your piss, shit, or whatever other bodily fluids), and present it with the label towards the customer.

Kwiep

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:41 pm

- NEVER EVER let the tap touch the glass, or the beer already in the glass. It's disgusting and against HACCP regulations.
Damn, most places I go to do that wrong. They almost all let the tap touch the glass and plenty of times the beer too towards the end of filling the glass.

DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:27 pm

but you forget Eburonum is Belgian, and they make beer out of ANYTHING
small country, 400+ brewerys ............ gotta love 'em :D

beer is more a religion, than a recreation, which is as it should be.

I want to find the guy who invented beer, and see just what he's working on now :P
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock:

Kwiep

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:33 pm

I practically live in belgium. I just have to trip the wrong way and I'm in belgium.

DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:49 pm

I have to travel for hours to get there
I do / did a fair few european bike rallies
and the Belgian and Dutch ones were insane

example:
UK rally, we will arrange camping and access to a bar, set up for silly games and drink till we go home........

European [Belgian / Dutch in particular]
the club will arrange camping, music [live bands all W/E] and I watched as the biggest truck I'd ever seen arrived and dropped off TONS of beers

they couldn't get a license to sell it, so we had a raffle

"and the first winner is #ONE, come and claim your beer " :D
"second winner #TWO"
OR you could buy a PAGE of tickets [20] and swap them for a CASE [24] of beer
I've got pix of a gang of us absolutely bladdered, all sitting on our own case, and a stack of cases around us

I've watched our chairman getting legless on strawberry beer, cherry beer etc, it was like watching someone drinking a fruit salad
and for every beer it HAS to have it's OWN style of glass.

I could go on
been through every country in europe, and was going around th eeastern bloc when it could take a day to fill in forms as to why you wanted to go INTO the bloc on a BIKE

emptied out the custom post of local currency in Czechoslovakia [took only £50] I was the first in, there were 00's of us behind me :)

I LOVE beer bikes and rallies
and I'm off to UK one in the a.m.
I intend to be thouroughly and disgustingly bladdered from within the first hour of arrival

so I HAVE to get the tent up PDQ :D

[edit]
and now ON TOPIC :D
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock: