Rowling hints Harry Potter might die

If you have something interesting to say as a writer and it's readable...why not put it here so we can enjoy it with you...

Rowling hints Harry Potter might die

Postby genXer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:35 pm

Many of pseudo-adults, who read the series, already figured that one out:

LONDON, England (AP) -- Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive either.

Also, an interesting read about the final chapter and her future writings.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/books/06/26/potter.deaths.ap/index.html
[Homer's love letter to Marge written on a postcard] "Maybe it's the beer talking Marge but you got a butt that won't quit. They got those big chewy pretzels here merJanthfgrr five dollars??!!!? Get outta here."
genXer
1st Century Addict

Postby Panama Red » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:47 pm

What an amazing series, have you read all of them to date, my kids definately liked them, and I kinda liked them as a junior version of LOTR, Rowlings has sure made a few pennies out of this franchise thats for sure... :shock:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby genXer » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:07 pm

What an amazing series, have you read all of them to date, my kids definately liked them, and I kinda liked them as a junior version of LOTR, Rowlings has sure made a few pennies out of this franchise thats for sure...

oh yes, mrs. genX and i have read the series up to this point and eagerly await for the final installment.

also, the movies heighten the mechanism for wanting to escape, which has given me and idea or two for a story of sorts, but still working out.

and ms. rowling - oh yes, i don't think she will need to worry about a cash/pound/euro/lira/mark/etc, flow for some time! i wonder what her next endeavours into authoring will entail.

once my genZ kids are a little bit older, we plan to read them the series as well, along with other literature as well. right now we focus on "Goodnight Moon" and the like.
[Homer's love letter to Marge written on a postcard] "Maybe it's the beer talking Marge but you got a butt that won't quit. They got those big chewy pretzels here merJanthfgrr five dollars??!!!? Get outta here."
genXer
1st Century Addict

Postby Panama Red » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:11 pm

These actually helped my daughter develop better reading habits, then she fell in love with the movies, is good for a whole generation to react to a singular set of books, I just wish my mom hadn't thrown out my comic books back in 72, oh well (fortune down the drain).

If anything J.K. has done a good thing for kids to get interested in reading again, and during the PC generation that's quite the accomplishment... :wink:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Elsparrow » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:57 pm

I started reading the first book in my school library (well I didn't have many friends and the bullies avoided the library ;))

Must say I prefer reading the books to watching the film as the human imagination when stimulated by a book is far superior to being shown someone elses idea of what its like.

Tho film 3 I think it was with the Werewolf.... that was a fucking scary wolf-dude :shock:
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Postby Panama Red » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:05 pm

Yeah that was one of the better werewolves I've seen on the screen, well that and an American Werewolf in London, not bad.... :wink:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Eyecre8 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:49 pm

Just hoping that the ending won't be similar to the Matrix... where both have to die. Although, I am thinking this is most likely what will happen.
%42%75%75%75%75%72%70%21%00
Eyecre8
Just beginning to get the hang of it

Postby SDK » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Maybe they are link together and one cannot live the others? Maybe Harry received part of Voldemort (French Name for the Very Evil Wizard) soul. Remember : He split it in 7.
-SDK
SimonT Hockey Simulator -STHS - Simply, The best Hockey Simulator!
SDK
The French Anti-Post-Whore

Postby Debs » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:45 pm

I think SDK has probably hit the nail on the head - either Harry has part of Voldemort's soul, or it is somehow entertwined with his survival.

That being said, I'm personally going to go to England and kill the b!tch if she kills off Harry. :P She didn't leave much other way to go though, after the way she ended the last book (breaking up with Ginny because he didn't want to hurt her - what a crock if he doesn't die).
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.
Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Postby DaFoxx » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:05 am

she has been interviewed on UK tv and she did say someting like the ultimate evil doesn't really go after the extra's

in a reference too the LAST in the series of films :shock:

I have NOT read any
and have no intention of
I don't get much 'free' time anyway

and MORE books would REALLY screw the pooch with wives 1 AND 2 :?
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby J_K9 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:19 am

I love the books.. Heck, I even wrote a continuation of the sixth one - started it a year ago and it's still going :shock: Over 65,000 words now :lol:

Anyway, that aside - I honestly do not know what will happen. My guess is that she will kill Harry off, as that way she will not be pestered to write another book about what happened after the death of Voldemort - however, if she does kill Harry off, then she will get a LOT of angry readers at her doorstep. Heck, I may even join if the fun if that happens! She's in a lose-lose situation ;)

The books are far too complicated and open-ended to predict what will happen in the seventh book - if you want to see some good theories, go to hpana.com. They have a forum there to discuss just that.

Another problem is that there is a lot of FUD. Some people even say that Harry is a horcrux - this I highly doubt. Then there is the locket Harry found in the Order of the Phoenix's HQ (Black's old house), which might have been one of Voldemort's horcruxes - but wouldn't Harry have noticed the 'evil' coming from it? And how would it have got there in the first place?

While it may be a nice bedtime story, it certainly isn't a book for kids if they want to fully understand what is going on :P I'm going to have to read the whole series again (excluding the seventh, which, of course, isn't out yet) to try to put together a few reasonable arguments!

Whether she kills Harry or not... She's going to be in trouble ;)

One other thing I've always wondered about... Do you think she has written all the books already, and is just delaying the release of each one to make the greatest amount of money out of each one? Or, do you think that she really is writing the seventh at the moment, and releases each book a few days (or a couple of weeks) after she completes them?
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Debs » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:41 am

She's said in another interview that she's had the ending of the series written since she started the first book.

She also said that if Harry were killed off, she wouldn't have to worry about another author doing a spin-off and changing the fabric of her storyline.
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.
Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Postby J_K9 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:50 am

Aye, but she has also said that she might change the last chapter, and that the last word might not be 'scar' (she might change that too).

But, if Harry is killed off, the problem I outlined in my last post becomes evident - she's going to struggle to find a solution to this problem ;)
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby DaFoxx » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:50 am

it's a BOOK for fecks sake ......

get a life :)
so what if she kills a character
she has had the ending down first
as most authors seem to admit to

THEN they work the plot to suit the end

it's as bad as those losers who send flowers to a soap 'stars' funeral :shock:
all very disturbing

mind you, if Tom Sharpe doesn't write Wilt 4, I'll off him meself :mrgreen:
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Eyecre8 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:17 pm

I never thought Harry was a horcrux... but I did suspect that Dumbledoor himself was. Hence why he allowed himself to be.... well... you know.
Keep in mind Evil V tried to obtain trophies from each of the great houses to use as Horcrux's.... one was never obtained from Griffyndor... that we know of. I suspect that Dumblydoor was made one and eventually became aware of it.... and somehow that ties into his faith in Snape.... which has yet to be explained. But like I said... if one can't live without the other... we are reliving the whole Matrix plot.... I'll be pissed.

I'll fly over there and join you guys if you decide to raid her place ;)
%42%75%75%75%75%72%70%21%00
Eyecre8
Just beginning to get the hang of it

Return to Writer's Block