Queensday drama

When you have general news to share - put it HERE (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)

Queensday drama

Postby SirDice » Fri May 01, 2009 10:01 am

This should have been a day to celebrate, unfortunately someone decided to mess things up pretty good.

An idiot tried to attack our royal family as they were parading through the streets of Apeldoorn. He did this by ramming his car through barricades and people watching the queen. In all 5 people got killed, 4 seriously injured and about 12 light.

Sad to say that the bastard died this morning of his own injuries. I really wished he would be in serious pain for a while, then had to face the charges after which locking him up in some dark hole and throw away the key.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... -dies.html
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Re: Queensday drama

Postby imnogeek » Fri May 01, 2009 11:23 am

As usual, it is the innocent that get harmed in these acts of aggression and terrorism. :(

So sad, my heart goes out to all the families involved.
How did you come to that conclusion?
imnogeek
What is RSI ......... REALLY

Postby Dogbert » Fri May 01, 2009 1:12 pm

I can understand the pressure the guy was under. But I will never understand people taking it out on others. That never accomplishes anything, for any one.
OUT! OUT! You demons of stupidity!!!!
Dogbert
1st Century Addict

Postby SirDice » Fri May 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Latest news is that one of the people that were critical just died. A woman is still critical, the other 2 critically injured are seriously wounded but stable. In total there are currently nine people still in hospital.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Aspman » Fri May 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Must have been ill.

What did he think he would do with that little car against a bus?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby SirDice » Fri May 01, 2009 3:39 pm

What I heard was that he was nearly thrown out of his house because of back payments and recently lost his job... I think it's what the Americans would call "going postal".

But yeah.. What the hell kind of damage is a small car like that going to do to a big bus? Ever seen a car crash involving a car and a bus? I have, there's usually nothing left of the car.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Dogbert » Fri May 01, 2009 3:58 pm

All depends on where the car hits the bus. Don't forget that this was an open top bus, and wasn't obviously going that fast. If aimed correctly he could have taken out at least half of the Dutch Royal Family. Just needed a nice little curb to get that car air borne.
Dogbert
1st Century Addict

Postby SirDice » Fri May 01, 2009 4:37 pm

True. With the speed he was doing (about 100Km/h) hitting a curb will launch a car....

Not very likely to succeed though.. It was some middle-aged simpleton, not friggin Knight Rider.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby rapier57 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:37 pm

I just can't imagine any scenario where anyone would even want to hurt any of the royal family of The Netherlands.

So sorry to hear of the harm done.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Postby Vorlin » Mon May 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Ok, so he loses his job and has back payments due on his house....uh, cry me a river? That's going on in countless cities all over the US right now so he's not alone. Same with world-wide, others are manning up and doing something about it and it doesn't involve ramming their POS car into a bus carrying a royal family. This just further impresses upon me how some people just want to hurt others for their "pain" that they're going through and then take their own life and not own up to the consequences. Remember Columbine? Yeah, it was a big topic for a while about the two kids who were suffering "oh so much pyschological and mental" crap and how they were "loners in high school and nobody wanted to be their friend". Give me a damned break, they took out quite a few before turning the guns on themselves (p******) and these were the same guys who did the sieg heil every time they got a strike in bowling.

As for this guy, I'd track his family down and have them thrown away into a dark hole. Sure, they had nothing to do with it, but neither did these that died from this dumb@$$' decision.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Dogbert » Mon May 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Well in the US it's different, in my opinion we're becoming a "give me", "it's my job", "it's my right to drive a car", etc., nation. I'm not owed anything, it's not my job I just get paid to do the duties assigned to it, and it's not my right.. it's my privilege to drive a car. But it is my right to carry a gun, speak on what I want, when I want (outside of work of course), etc.

I'd say thank goodness for those rights endowed by the constitution but even those are being whittled away, with our approval of course. Stupid idiots.

Condolences to the injured, etc., and their families of course.
Dogbert
1st Century Addict

Return to News Room