Red Hot Chili Peppers

When you have general news to share - put it HERE (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Postby SirDice » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 am

No, not the band :P

The Indian army is planning to use the worlds hottest pepper, the bhut jolokia, in a non-lethal weapon. They're going to replace the payload in small granades with it. This pepper scores a whopping 1.000.000 on the scoville scale :shock:

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blog ... india.aspx
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Postby Aspman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 am

Won't work in Texas. |ce'll just break open the grenades and tip it in his chilli.

Plus won't the local populous be pretty immune to hot peppers?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby SirDice » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:58 pm

I pretty used to it but I wouldn't want to get any in my eyes

Odd though, when I looked up the Scoville scale, the pepper spray used by LEA is even higher then those peppers. Wouldn't it make more sense to put that stuff in those grnenades?
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Vorlin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:10 am

I pretty much drink a hot saunce called Submission which had a 750,000 Scoville rating and I had to sign a waiver, rofl...oh well. nobody else in my family tree (the entire tree) could or would even try it. I love hot saunce and we're not talking Tobasco or Texas Pete's....that stuff I drink for V8, hah!

Mom and I were at restaurant and they had "extra hot" wings...now my mom is not into super ultra hot shit like I am, but I got them and she saw how I was just driving through them and she said "can I have one?", so I gave her one and I'll be damned, she liked them and wanted more because....."extra hot" wasn't shit...pity...I go in for "draw the machete and SMG" type haha...if you can't sign a waiver, you're a pussy, plain and simple.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Return to News Room