Airport Employee Abused Body Scanner to Get a Naughty Look

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Airport Employee Abused Body Scanner to Get a Naughty Look

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Airport Employee Abused Body Scanner to Get a Naughty Look at a Coworker
An employee at Heathrow airport has been given a harassment warning by police officers after he snuck a peek at one of his female coworkers when she accidentally walked through a full-body scanner. Apparently that's considered "misuse" of the scanners.
How soon do you figure these scanned images at airports are going to end up on Facebook, MySpace, and YouTube :mrgreen:

http://gizmodo.com/5501485/airport-empl ... a-coworker

the full story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/mar/2 ... dy-scanner

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: Airport Employee Abused Body Scanner to Get a Naughty Look

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

This is after assurances that the machines were not capable of taking snapshots.

Eg would you be happy putting your daughters through one of these scanners now?
I think anyone with kids is going to have issues after hearing this.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

cgkanchi
Supertazzerfraggerlistic

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:25 am

I can't bear to think about the body scanner thing. I'm totally traumatised. I've spoken to the police about it. I'm in too much of a state to go to work.
Imagine how the rest of us must feel then...
Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry website has been discontinued)
My blog (shameless plug, I know): http://biology000.blogspot.com

Egaladeist

Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Eg would you be happy putting your daughters through one of these scanners now?
I think anyone with kids is going to have issues after hearing this.
Boats and trains that's what I say :mrgreen:

They couldn't have been so stupid as to think that these things aren't going to get abused...the images are very detailed, much more detailed than the photos they use for the media. The images can be captured in a photo ( presumably for court use ) and inverted via photoshop to look like a sepia image.

Presumably they're supposed to mask the face and genitals.

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Faces are blurred but not wobbly bits.

Yes they are a lot clearer than has been implied

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."

SirDice
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 pm

Aspman wrote:Faces are blurred but not wobbly bits.
And it's those wobbly bits that can be dangerous :shock:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -trap.html
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Egaladeist

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Yes they are a lot clearer than has been implied
And those are probably bad photos of what they really see in the original image on the screen.
And it's those wobbly bits that can be dangerous :shock:
What's next? Sticking some C4 compound up the ' you know what ' :mrgreen:

Can a breast implant really carry enough explosives to do more than make a big mess?

SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm

Egaladeist wrote:What's next? Sticking some C4 compound up the ' you know what ' :mrgreen:
Already being done

http://homelandsecuritynewswire.com/sau ... nal-cavity
Can a breast implant really carry enough explosives to do more than make a big mess?
Enough to blow a nice hole in the fuselage.
Oliver's Law:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:42 pm

cgkanchi wrote:
I can't bear to think about the body scanner thing. I'm totally traumatised. I've spoken to the police about it. I'm in too much of a state to go to work.
Imagine how the rest of us must feel then...
I can imagine the next line in that quote to be " I can feel a serious case of compensation coming on"

as for implants and internal staches of C4, it doesn't take much to cause catastrophic damage to an airliner, as they are not designed to take an explosion :shock: so I would imagine that there is a desk somewhere, on which is a team leader chaged with looking into that, and other options too ..................

boats and trains are not that much safer either, should air traffic take a hit, and rail / sea takes up the slack, then they will become a more viable option, aircraft are just soooo much more a sexy target, but rail and sea have an additional attack vector open to exploit.

In that the terrorist knows the route, and the route itself can be compromised, rail track is easy to access, and IED's are easy to hide, and although the sea is huge, there are chokepoints, docks etc, where mines can be laid.........

and no, I am not a closet terrorist :P, just a keen reader of history, and our [UK] SOE operations during WWII
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:

rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Based on what I've seen so far from the full-body scanners, I just don't understand what the TSA (stands for Terminally Stupid A _ _ _ _ _ _ _) think they can see or identify from these. It cannot serve any purpose other than to satisfy some underpaid jerk's prurient interests.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:25 pm

Guys, It takes a hell of a lot to take an aircraft down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Airlines_Flight_243

If an aircraft is not pressurized, you literally have to cut the wings off or the thing in half.

Small holes in the side of the fuselage will not make a big change in the thrust to weight ratio after the initial decompression. In fact if you could open all access and emergency doors while in flight, if you were in your seatbelt. no worries.

Also, if the tit bomb was to do any damage, the woman would have to have her tits firmly against the bulkhead or outer wall and something would have to hold her in place. Otherwise, the resulting explosion would propel dead woman across the cabin and not create a hole of any kind in the planes skin. This is simple physics. Light a firecracker in the palm of your hand, what happens? You burn your hand. Close your fist around the same firecracker... The wife will be opening your catchup bottles for the rest of your life i.e., no more fingers.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:36 pm

DaFoxx wrote:boats and trains are not that much safer either, should air traffic take a hit, and rail / sea takes up the slack, then they will become a more viable option, aircraft are just soooo much more a sexy target, but rail and sea have an additional attack vector open to exploit.
Again, already being done.

2004 Madrid train bombings
2005 London bombings

Those in power need to realize that you cannot stop a determined terrorist, period. Sure these body scanners make great political and public karma but they're utterly useless in reality.
Oliver's Law:

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Hey Dino, it wouldn't be hard to make a couple of effective shaped charges from a small amount of C4. You'd have to learn where to put it though.

Egaladeist

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:47 pm

The whole idea though is stupid to me...why blow up a few hundred people on a plane and have to try to circumvent all the security when you could just walk into a busy spot like Grand Central Terminal or Grand Central Station, or Disneyland and achieve the same or worse results without the massive security swoop?

There's so many ways you could terrorize a Nation...but what can you really expect from a zealot who wants to live with 72? virgins... now...if they were 72 hard-core nymphomaniacs well, that might be different :mrgreen:

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Aspman wrote:Hey Dino, it wouldn't be hard to make a couple of effective shaped charges from a small amount of C4. You'd have to learn where to put it though.
Sure but not if the C4 is inside the body. Now if it's up the butt and you have some duct tape, yea easy. But the only place it would do any good would be the flight deck. So 1/4 lb of C4 on the cockpit door and boob - through the window the thing goes. OR at least taking out the controls.

Egaladeist wrote:The whole idea though is stupid to me...why blow up a few hundred people on a plane and have to try to circumvent all the security when you could just walk into a busy spot like Grand Central Terminal or Grand Central Station, or Disneyland and achieve the same or worse results without the massive security swoop?

There's so many ways you could terrorize a Nation...but what can you really expect from a zealot who wants to live with 72? virgins... now...if they were 72 hard-core nymphomaniacs well, that might be different :mrgreen:
Dude Terrorism is about scaring people and diminishing their quality of life, it has nothing to do with killing. The world trade center had nothing to do with killing people, it was all about trying to destroy the way us infidels do business.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0