New Glasses Require Piercing Bridge of Nose

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
xierox
Hoopy Frood

New Glasses Require Piercing Bridge of Nose

Mon May 22, 2006 9:37 pm

James Sooy and Oliver Gibson have come up with Pierced Glasses - the most minimalist eyewear since the Pince-nez glasses that clip onto your nose was invented in the 1840's.
http://www.livescience.com/scienceoffic ... asses.html

:shock:

- Xierox

Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

rapier57
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No

Mon May 22, 2006 9:39 pm

That is just plain nuts.

Yeesh!
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Mon May 22, 2006 9:41 pm

That's the most pointless thing I've ever seen. :roll:

Some people are crazy...
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Mon May 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Shit that's going to be the latest craze and my kids are going to hate me
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Mon May 22, 2006 9:58 pm

:P

Heck, if I were a parent I wouldn't allow it either :shock:

I think the most I'd allow is ear piercings on my daughter.. That's it! Nose piercings, belly piercings, etc - they just look out of place to me :?
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Mon May 22, 2006 10:28 pm

JK_9 - a piercing can be removed, is that really what you want to battle with your child over? ;) I'd rather be more lenient on things that can be removed like piercings, hair color and clothes than things that are a little more permanent. Like tattoos and drugs. This is only my theory though! :D

I still think laser eye surgery would be a lot easier. And seriously, I might puke if I'm trying to talk to someone whose glasses go thru their nose. :?
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.

Deeboe
Uber Phreek

Tue May 23, 2006 2:22 am

The important thing is that the people that would wear those deserve to get punched in the nose. The fact that they have the metal in there will just make it that much more rewarding.

-Deeboe

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Tue May 23, 2006 2:51 am

I sort of get the impression that you wont be seeing these on the street just today..
(This Science Fiction in the News story used with permission from Technovelgy.com - where science meets fiction.)
But.. make the attachment ends look stylish (if there is such a thing for peircings) and some lo-IQ types will grab them...
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Tue May 23, 2006 7:35 am

Debs wrote:JK_9 - a piercing can be removed, is that really what you want to battle with your child over? ;)
Well, not really... But, coming from a Latin background, and seeing how many times my mother has debated with my bro and I about hair colour, it sort of sinks in ;) And I didn't know a piercing can be removed :shock: :)
I'd rather be more lenient on things that can be removed like piercings, hair color and clothes than things that are a little more permanent. Like tattoos and drugs. This is only my theory though! :D
That's a good point. But, I've just got a kind of feeling that.. Well, if I ever have a daughter, I want to see her as she really is - not with pink hair and an earring coming out of her nose :D Hmm... Maybe I should leave this to my future wife ;)

Deeboe - Ouch! Can you imagine that? :shock: Painful..
:P