Up close and personal with Apple's MacBook (with photos)

The place for what's new and going on in the tech, innovation, and science world.
xierox
Hoopy Frood

Up close and personal with Apple's MacBook (with photos)

Tue May 16, 2006 10:47 pm

Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

rapier57
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No

Wed May 17, 2006 12:21 am

Hmmm ... looks like a Dell, with a weird trackpad.

How do you manage with just one mouse button?
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Wed May 17, 2006 12:36 am

Well, most stuff on a Mac seems to be designed to work pretty well with single click. To right-click you: "Ctrl + Click".

From what little I've used it, it works very well with touchpads, but for a mouse, I'll still take a two-button any day.

- Xierox
Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Wed May 17, 2006 6:24 am

While reading a Macbook review, I saw this new fact:
However, I was impressed with one new feature of the button: when you click while you’ve got two fingers on the MacBook’s trackpad, the button becomes a control-click/right-click button. (This is an option; you can turn it on or off in the Trackpad tab of the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane.)

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Wed May 17, 2006 2:25 pm

That looks amazing! And that dark finish.. :shock: I want one!

Bah, my slightly aged iMac G5 at home can kick the crap out of those.. Or can it :shock:

I don't know about Macs. I mean, I love mine - I use it for making videos, music, design (Photoshop + Macromedia suite), and browsing the internet. But, I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing I'd like to have on my laptop.. I'd end up installing Linux on it, at least as a dual-boot :D
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]