Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications

The place for what's new and going on in the tech, innovation, and science world.

Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications

Postby DaFoxx » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 am

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/08/31 ... user_fury/

never ones to keep anything that could remotely be classed as a good idea, MS are now giving the higher lever IT guys a kicking too :)

Microsoft has again enraged some of its most committed users, by “retiring” the Microsoft Certified Master (MCM), Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM), and Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) certifications. The decision comes just weeks after Microsoft closed its TechNet service, angering users forced into more expensive MSDN subscriptions.

The three certifications had, until last week, been billed as Microsoft's most elite qualifications. MCSM, for example, earns the label “The pinnacle of professional distinction” here on Redmond's “Find the right IT certification” page. The MCM is praised as Microsoft's “deepest level of product expertise” here while the MCA is said to “Distinguish your expertise as one of the highest-achieving professionals in IT.”[/quote]
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Re: Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications

Postby rapier57 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 am

Microsoft retired certifications in the past as the technology changed and the IT field grew. However, I'm not certain what they are thinking now, killing TechNet (one of my favorite resources and one I was supposed to have access to forever).

Since I'm not a developer, MSDN makes no sense for me.

But, then, Microsoft just bought Nokia and is sending Steve B off to retirement land.

Maybe MS will emerge in the next six months as a new phone company and we can all go to Linux or Apple.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Re: Microsoft cans three 'pinnacle' certifications

Postby chaosclown » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:37 pm

I really hope they don't go full force into the phone game :/ I hope the MS Academy programs still there
chaosclown
DaJoker

Return to Tech News Zone