Top 10 Dumbest Online Business Ideas That Made It Big Time.

The place for what's new and going on in the tech, innovation, and science world.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Top 10 Dumbest Online Business Ideas That Made It Big Time.

Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:53 pm

1. Million Dollar Homepage

1000000 pixels, charge a dollar per pixel – that’s perhaps the dumbest idea for online business anyone could have possible come up with. Still, Alex Tew, a 21-year-old who came up with the idea, is now a millionaire.

2. SantaMail

Ok, how’s that for a brilliant idea. Get a postal address at North Pole, Alaska, pretend you are Santa Claus and charge parents 10 bucks for every letter you send to their kids? Well, Byron Reese sent over 200000 letters since the start of the business in 2001, which makes him a couple million dollars richer.

3. Doggles

Create goggles for dogs and sell them online? Boy, this IS the dumbest idea for a business. How in the world did they manage to become millionaires and have shops all over the world with that one? Beyond me.

4. LaserMonks

LaserMonks.com is a for-profit subsidiary of the Cistercian Abbey of Our Lady of Spring Bank, an eight-monk monastery in the hills of Monroe County, 90 miles northwest of Madison. Yeah, real monks refilling your cartridges. Hallelujah! Their 2005 sales were $2.5 million! Praise the Lord.

5. AntennaBalls

You can’t sell antenna ball online. There is no way. And surely it wouldn’t make you rich. But this is exactly what Jason Wall did, and now he is now a millionaire.

http://weirdtechnewshub.blogspot.com/20 ... ideas.html
WeirdTechNewsHub: Top 10 Dumbest Online Business Ideas That Made It Big Time.

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:12 am

Were those five just teasers, or did you accidentally leave the other five out? :D

Thanks for the list, by the way - there are quite a few hilarious ones there which I hadn't even heard of :lol:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

catch
Wankers Cramp - no - its from typing - HONEST

Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:41 am

And yet my nicotine coated (on the outside only of course) condoms still languish waiting for VC.

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:32 am

catch wrote:And yet my nicotine coated (on the outside only of course) condoms still languish waiting for VC.

cheers,

catch
Depending on your orientation, you might just still be smoking a fag. :roll:

- Xierox
Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

outerlimit
Holder of the rank Drunk Meister and BAR
Are you a Spammer: No

Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:50 pm

xierox wrote:
catch wrote:And yet my nicotine coated (on the outside only of course) condoms still languish waiting for VC.

cheers,

catch
Depending on your orientation, you might just still be smoking a fag. :roll:

- Xierox
LMAO, nice!!!
:lol: