Geez, you guys!

The place to kick back, relax, have a few cold ones, and grill a few on the BBQ

Postby Aspman » Tue May 09, 2006 3:47 pm

What are public exams Vs school exams?

Wkd's are quite tasty

Dare I say that such fruity drinks are laydee drinks. Beer is an aquired taste something that takes practice and a degree of vomiting. When you can manage Guinness with a smile on your face you've cracked it. After a few years you even start to like it.

I can't touch those sweet drinks, they make me hurl :vomit1:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby DaFoxx » Tue May 09, 2006 4:41 pm

I can't touch those sweet drinks, they make me hurl

quite

mind you I tend to hurl when drinking beer :P
although it could be quantity

I drink a LOT less nowadays
used to go through around 50 pints a week end [fri night to sat night ]:Hic:

NOW 10 pints and I'm snoring :zzzzz: :D
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Aspman » Tue May 09, 2006 4:53 pm

Beer bulimia we used to call it. Not PC but there you go.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby J_K9 » Tue May 09, 2006 5:26 pm

Public exams are the ones that matter - GCSEs, AS, A2, etc.. School exams are the things they rate you with (sigh). And I really can't be bothered this time round ;)
Dare I say that such fruity drinks are laydee drinks.

That is an insult to humanity. WKDs are brilliant! And you don't like a cocktail or two? Or a Kir? Don't know about the laydee thing - always thought drinks were unisex :mrgreen:
Beer is an aquired taste something that takes practice and a degree of vomiting.

:vomit1: Must take a hell of a lot of puking before you get used to it! Don't think I'll try it again.. Pretty disgusting stuff! Ok, I better shut up now before half of you come over and beat the crap out of me :mrgreen:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Maverick » Tue May 09, 2006 9:54 pm

Started out drinking the sweet drinks and liquor, etc... Did that for a while, but just started drinking beer and acquired that taste for it - never looked back since, I LOVE BEER! :beer: :cheers: :bitter:

I still drink like margaritas, pina coladas, etc. every now and then, but I'm primarily a beer man... I don't puke often but I have on occassion, the causes have been everything from vodka to beer to wine coolers :mrgreen: ....

My crew and I go through a fair amount of alcohol every weekend just for the fun of it - I drink like a fish on vacations as well :)
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby J_K9 » Tue May 09, 2006 9:58 pm

Maverick wrote:I still drink like margaritas, pina coladas, etc. every now and then, but I'm primarily a beer man... I don't puke often but I have on occassion, the causes have been everything from vodka to beer to wine coolers :mrgreen: ....

Tried caipirinha? Delicious, and not too sweet either :D
My crew and I go through a fair amount of alcohol every weekend just for the fun of it - I drink like a fish on vacations as well :)

Fish drink?? :shock:

:P
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Harry » Tue May 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Fish drink?? Shocked

Pah, think you better do some more Biology revison before your exam buddy, if you didn't even know that! What school are you going to, can't be very good! :wink:
Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..

TAZ's better half: http://www.theadminzone.com/
Harry
Site Admin

Postby J_K9 » Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am

nokia wrote:Pah, think you better do some more Biology revison before your exam buddy, if you didn't even know that!

:P :P
What school are you going to, can't be very good! :wink:

Well, I wouldn't know - I have nothing else to compare it to :P

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Debs » Wed May 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Last minute cramming has actually been shown to worsen exam results instead of make them better! Apparently your brain doesn't appreciate being inundated.

Take your time, writing is always better than reading, especially anything you find particularly tricky.

Eating well is extremely important. Foods high in protein are great for your brain, but don't forget carbs too, since they are what help your brain to make "connections". Drink lots of water, helps your brain work better too. Sleep well, sleep normally, try to get a good 7-8 hours.

Most importantly, remember that in the course of your life, these exams really have very little weight. They're a tempest in a teacup right now, and worrying about it will only make it worse. That doesn't mean don't study and don't try...but just keep it in perspective.

Good luck hon!
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.
Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Postby J_K9 » Wed May 10, 2006 8:29 pm

Thanks Debs! Luckily, I'm quite organised (most of the time!), so I don't do cramming before the exam.. ;) I tend to read through everything I've got, research anything I'm unsure of, and then just read those parts again in the hour or two before the exam. I like spending the half hour before the exam relaxing, clearing my mind of any other rubbish so I can get ready to think my a$$ off :D

I don't worry too much about them either.. But, I do realise that I didn't revise as much as I'd have liked to over the Easter holidays (I can safely blame that on Counter-Strike! Hehe), so I'm pulling my socks up a bit more now.

I've got two exams next Tuesday, one next Wednesday, and then I'm free until the following Monday. So, they're quite spread out - it's not too bad :)

Thanks ;)

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Harry » Wed May 10, 2006 9:48 pm

You will get much further in your life if you good at counter strike, than if you can read latin.... :D
Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..

TAZ's better half: http://www.theadminzone.com/
Harry
Site Admin

Postby J_K9 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:54 pm

nokia wrote:You will get much further in your life if you good at counter strike, than if you can read latin.... :D

I agree! Latin gets you what.. A bit of help in a Law degree? Not much at all though. And I'm damn sure I'm not gonna be a Classics teacher! :P

CS:S can actually win you quite a lot of cash - check out CAL (Cyberathlete Amateur League) 8)

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby Debs » Wed May 10, 2006 9:55 pm

Unless he finds himself living The DaVinci Code! Then won't he regret not knowing Latin!!!! :P
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.
Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Postby J_K9 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:58 pm

Debs wrote:Unless he finds himself living The DaVinci Code! Then won't he regret not knowing Latin!!!! :P

Aye - If I'm living Digital Fortress, then my 1337 CS:S knowledge my be more profitable 8)

:D

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Previous

Return to TAZ Bar & Grill