No votes
Local independent
No votes
Chose not to vote
No votes

Total votes : 3

Did you vote? Who for

Postby Aspman » Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 am

Lets do our own exit poll for the UK general election.

If you're not eligible to vote, say because you live in the colonies, still vote but it would be nice to have a post as to why you'd vote that way.

Eligible voters can stay anonymous.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: Did you vote? Who for

Postby Harry » Thu May 06, 2010 10:23 am

Shall be doing it this afternoon unless it gets sunny and I find my margarita recipe - will be voting Lib Dem.
Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system..

TAZ's better half: http://www.theadminzone.com/
Harry
Site Admin

Postby Morganlefay » Thu May 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Well...as one from the colonies... :roll:

I would vote Lib Dem....because thats what I would vote here...and he seems to be young and easy going....and hes cute ;)

We all know they are all full of sh1t.....and the masks come off once they are elected....but there has got to be some good ones amongst the lot???

No?? :sad:

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby dinowuff » Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Morganlefay wrote:but there has got to be some good ones amongst the lot???

No?? :sad:

MLF

Nope - if it's a politician. it's a thieving, lying, no good piece regurgitated camel dung. Or a n00b soon to be a thieving, lying, no good piece regurgitated camel dung
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby Aspman » Fri May 07, 2010 9:08 am

dinowuff wrote:
Morganlefay wrote:Nope - if it's a politician. it's a thieving, lying, no good piece regurgitated camel dung. Or a n00b soon to be a thieving, lying, no good piece regurgitated camel dung

I think you're being too nice.

There are some very rare exceptions.

Mo Molam [rip] - Strangely human politician
Robin Cook [rip] resigned on a point of principle over the second gulf war. How often do you see a politician take a stand like that these days.
John Major - I have a mate who is a journalist who has met him and he said he was very unlike his TV image, he was a genuine guy and very pleasant to speak to. He thought Tony Blair was a shifty slimly c¬nt.
Margaret Thatcher - love her or hate her you can't say she did things for personal gain.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby dinowuff » Fri May 07, 2010 5:22 pm

*Time to TAZ the thread*

I didn't know that there is no written constitution in Britain.

So if a coalition is not formed, what happens?

And what is the deal with the 4 seats in the House that Sinn Fein has but doesn't use???? I don't get that one. Are those four votes used by someone else? Or are there really 646 seats up for grabs in the House of Commons?
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby Aspman » Mon May 10, 2010 8:48 am

dinowuff wrote:*Time to TAZ the thread*

I didn't know that there is no written constitution in Britain.

So if a coalition is not formed, what happens?

And what is the deal with the 4 seats in the House that Sinn Fein has but doesn't use???? I don't get that one. Are those four votes used by someone else? Or are there really 646 seats up for grabs in the House of Commons?

There is no written constitution but there are lots of conventions.

The options right now are.

Conservatives go alone with a minority gov.
- They can try to form a government on their own. But they would run the risk of having every decision blocked by a majority opposition. It can be done, the Scottish Parliment has been running for a few years now with a minority SNP administration.

Conservatives form a coalition with the Libdems
Con+Libdem = majority. The Conservatives would have some Libdem members within the cabinet. There would be an agreed joint manifesto and sets of policies to drive through. Would upset a lot of party members but is the current most likely option.

Labour + LibDems - Could also form a coalition but would be a minority gov and actually even smaller than the Conservatives. they would need to bring in support for smaller parties like the SNP and independents. Would be potential for civil unrest as this would appear as Labour staying in power at all costs forming a government of losing parties..

Labour go alone - The sitting government has the right to try to form a government. some commentators believe old Gorgon Brúne would give this a go. Almost certainly this option would result in the opposition driving out the gov through votes of no confidence. Meanwhile the £ would tank.

Options 1 and 2 are by far the most likely. There is a deadline today for a Con-Lib pact to be settled.
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Return to TAZ Bar & Grill