"Idle Chat" YES....VERY Idle!!!!!!!

The place to kick back, relax, have a few cold ones, and grill a few on the BBQ

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:05 pm

What I think is the problem is that neel and Noia don't see this through my eyes..and that's OK...
i disagree that the format and intention of this forum is such that it's destined for disaster...in fact I believe just the opposite...
there is a purpose to these forums the fact that that purpose escapes you does not exclude it's existence.

The very fact you ' think ' I'm trying to be some kind of dictator "Also posting more, or worse, pushing people arround to post more to get new members isn't an effort either. " shows me that you do not understand what this forum is all about.

But it just this purpose that makes what you say to be valid to be heard.

I don't think we need a theme...spur-of-the-moment parties are always more fun than constructed theme parties...
maybe you are confusing a theme with a purpose...this site has no theme...but it definitely does have a purpose.

Eg ;)
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:16 pm

Just to add to this discussion...

It wasn't my intention to ' compete ' or create a duplicate of AO...this was never meant to be another security forum...or a hardware forum...there are tons of them already...

nor was it my intention to create a ' theme ' forum...like a gaming forum or a philosophy forum...there are plenty of theme forums already too..

it was however my intention of creating a community forum...comprising many aspects of a community...a continuation of the blogs in a forum format...

there was never any intention of making this a commercial-based carbon-copy of every other forum...

and the website is a continuation on this...a place where the members can sell their products or services for free...

maybe one of the problems is that you cannot understand why anyone would create a forum or website for the benefit of the members.

But...this is a member forum and as such you can put your suggestions to a vote...if the membership wants the changes they will be implemented...whether I agree with them or not.

New concepts or revived old ones that filter into ' The Norm ' always go through a birthing stage of adjustment...on any other forum you have no rights...here you do.

Eg ;)
Egaladeist

Postby Kwiep » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:38 pm

I don't mean to attack you or this forum.

The thing I said about people saying there should be posted more will eventually come. Probably not from you apparently, but I predict that someone will come with it.

So ok, the exact purpose eludes me. This place has a purpose for me, because else I wouldn't be sticking arround. However, the purpose for other people is too general and vague that I can't phrase it. I think most "new" people aren't gonne be interested in the purpose or it's gonne elude them also.

I already got that you want the members to run this place, that's why I said "to the people who run this place" in me previous post. That alone doesn't make this place original though...

I'm just giving a little warning here, because I seen this happen often enough.
Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:48 pm

Hi neel,

Fair enough! ;)

If you have suggestions that you think will improve the quality of this forum and make it more appealing to people I want you to say so...I really do...but please take into consideration that we are still very young so I don't expect people to be rushing to beat down our door...
according to everything I've read so far it'll take at least a year before we see any real results and then we can make an honest appraisal upon what can work and what will not...

I don't expect we can honestly determine how popular this format will be until we give it a chance...and that's all I'm really asking is that we wait and give it a chance.

peace,

Eg ;)
Egaladeist

Previous

Return to TAZ Bar & Grill