the ANTI Social network :o)

The place to kick back, relax, have a few cold ones, and grill a few on the BBQ

the ANTI Social network :o)

Postby DaFoxx » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25554192
fantastic news, they have actually created an app that the shepherder himself will approve of :mrgreen:

While most social networks aim to connect people, one new service seeks to join the growing trend of doing the opposite and help you avoid them.

Cloak uses public location data from other social networks, Foursquare and Instagram, to determine the locations of others you know.

Users can choose to receive an alert when certain people are believed to be nearby.

It is the latest in the recent trend of "anti-social", or secretive, apps.

Apps such as Snapchat - which deletes photographs and videos seconds after they have been viewed - and Secret - which broadcasts messages anonymously - are growing in popularity.

Likewise WhatsApp, a private-messaging service recently bought by Facebook for $19bn (£11.4bn), indicates a shift back to conducting online conversations in private.

Cloak describes itself as a method to "avoid exes, co-workers, that guy who likes to stop and chat - anyone you'd rather not run into".

It was created by programmer Brian Moore and the former creative director of viral news site Buzzfeed, Chris Baker.
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Re: the ANTI Social network :o)

Postby rapier57 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah, that is right down sheepherder's alley.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Anti-social social media - it's for winners

Postby DaFoxx » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 pm

and now, further to this
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/03/21 ... he-toilet/

you just HAVE to love El Reg :mrgreen:

So it is no surprise to see the growing popularity of social apps that help you avoid being social, from Cloak to Snapchat. I’m told that users are ditching WhatsApp because its original main selling point was NOT being part of a big data-harvesting corporation. Even DuckDuckGo merited its own feature in today’s Metro newspaper.

It’s time for unhip people like me and possibly you – even including the accountant – to hit back. All hail anti-social media.
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Aspman » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:42 pm

I heard you fvkers taking my name in vain!!!

I was going to create my own app called "Fuck Uff".

Basically it'll use all your phones features and apps like bluetooth, linkedIn, Fapbook to identify anyone, not friends absolutely anyone, within 20 feet of you and send them a text message that says "come home your dog is on fire" or one of 100 other dramatic events to get people away from you.

Makes shopping much more pleasent.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby DaFoxx » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:39 pm

Aspman wrote:I heard you fvkers taking my name in vain!!!

Basically it'll use all your phones features and apps like bluetooth, linkedIn, Fapbook to identify anyone, not friends absolutely anyone, within 20 feet of you and send them a text message that says "come home your dog is on fire" or one of 100 other dramatic events to get people away from you.

you could be onto something here :mrgreen:
and I DO like the way you call it FUCK, then misspell OFF as thought that helps :P :good:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby dinowuff » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:43 am

Aspman wrote:I heard you fvkers taking my name in vain!!!

OH SHIT - You may be on to something. 99% of Bluetooth devices pair with 0000 - some mp3 players and what not are 0001. Take something like nirsoft and bluejack the device next to you - but don't use the connection to send spam or bogus tweets, make the device display "YOU ARE AN IDIOT - PLEASE BUGGER (or if in the U.S.) FUCK OFF!

OMFG and I have a week off with nothing to do...
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby DaFoxx » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:02 am

dinowuff wrote: OH SHIT - You may be on to something. 99% of Bluetooth devices pair with 0000 - some mp3 players and what not are 0001. Take something like nirsoft and bluejack the device next to you - but don't use the connection to send spam or bogus tweets, make the device display "YOU ARE AN IDIOT - PLEASE BUGGER (or if in the U.S.) FUCK OFF!

OMFG and I have a week off with nothing to do...

runs off to check if his cell is smart :P
fails :shock:
not smart enough to know what a smart phone looks like :)
prays Dino stays away from UK :hysterical:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Aspman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:30 pm

I've got a windows phone now, I could develop it myself but no one downlaods anything.

I like the empty Windows App store. My phone is filled with useful things and empty space.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Return to TAZ Bar & Grill