Oh, my gawd...how will he survive these horrible conditions.

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

Oh, my gawd...how will he survive these horrible conditions.

Postby Egaladeist » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:45 am

The inhumanity of it all...

Disgraced Wall Street investment manager Bernard Madoff, accused of orchestrating a $50 billion fraud, was put under house arrest on Wednesday.

BNP Paribas SA became the latest European bank to reveal its exposure to the scandal, and its stock was the main loser among Europe's top banks, as the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission again answered questions about why the alleged fraud went on for a decade.

A federal judge ordered Madoff, 70, confined to his $7 million Manhattan apartment and told Madoff's wife, Ruth, to surrender her U.S. passport by noon on Thursday as part of modified bail conditions.

Madoff will be fitted with an electronic ankle bracelet and will only be allowed to leave his home for appointments prearranged with authorities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... 3520081217

one rule for the rich...one rule for the poor ;) if I defrauded a store with a cheque for $50 my ass would be in jail.
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: Oh, my gawd...how will he survive these horrible conditions.

Postby Aspman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:09 am

They should move Bubba in with him.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Re: Oh, my gawd...how will he survive these horrible conditions.

Postby Panama Red » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:23 pm

I like the fact his fine could be as much as "5 Million" WTF, that's not even the interest he makes on his overseas accounts he probably has stashed away, or the money he conveniently gave away before the shit hit the fan.... :angry1:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Return to Political Intrigue