The War, in a Sense, Is Over.

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

The War, in a Sense, Is Over.

Postby Egaladeist » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:59 pm

The war in Iraq is indeed over, at least the conflict as it was understood during its first five years: insurgency, communal cleansing, gangland turf battles and an anarchic, often futile quest to survive. In other words, civil war -- though civil war was always too tidy a term for it. The entropy, for now at least, has run its course. So have many of the forces the United States so dangerously unleashed with its 2003 invasion, turning Iraq into an atomized, fractured land seized by a paroxysm of brutality. In that Iraq, the Americans were the final arbiter and, as a result, deprived anything they left behind of legitimacy.

http://www.volconvo.com/forums/politics ... -over.html
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: The War, in a Sense, Is Over.

Postby Vorlin » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:27 am

Heh, it's so far from over, it's not even funny. It's "over" when we ship all our guys back home to the US and not have to stick some poor 18 year old overseas for another year and a half because his term of service just got extended by the congressional dumbf*cks and old-@$$ military "advisors". No wonder we have so many that only enlist for one tour, then bail out. Add to that, now, there's so many adverts about the military needing people and they're all scrambling for whoever they can get.

And as far as military continuance, now we have Israel vs. Islamic violators and Israel is beating the CRAP out of Gaza and I don't blame them a bit. Oh, cry me a river for all the "women and children of Palestine" who died. Oops? Lern 2 und3rst@nd war and f1ght ag@inst y3r m1litary who're fucking your lives up, not Israel.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 pm

Vorlin wrote:And as far as military continuance, now we have Israel vs. Islamic violators and Israel is beating the CRAP out of Gaza and I don't blame them a bit. Oh, cry me a river for all the "women and children of Palestine" who died. Oops? Lern 2 und3rst@nd war and f1ght ag@inst y3r m1litary who're fucking your lives up, not Israel.

I'll have to disagree with ya here Vorlin. The Palestinians got half their country taken away from them :shock: The US back Israel, so it hardly seems fair does it - I'm with the Palestinians on this one.
Scientia potentia est - Knowledge is Power
Ally
Our Lady of the Bay

Postby Panama Red » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 am

Ally wrote:
I'll have to disagree with ya here Vorlin. The Palestinians got half their country taken away from them :shock: The US back Israel, so it hardly seems fair does it - I'm with the Palestinians on this one.

Sorry no sympathy from me, the Iranians back the Hamas and Hezbolleh (the same who blew up the Marine barracks in Beirut) as do all of the other Arab nations, so it's unfair to blame Israel because they have the backing of the US, it's actually a good thing (and the Arab nations know and understand this) that the US has been able to exert pressure on the Israeli's to show restraint all these years while little terrorists lob missiles into their backyards without punishment and the host nations (Lebanon for one) don't do anything to stop them, also Egypt has been allowing the Hamas to smuggle weapons from Egypt into the Gaza strip.

The Arab nations are not stupid, they know an unleashed Israel would stop at nothing to ensure it's own survival and there are enough Jews around the world who would step in monetarily to take the place of Uncle Sam, should it ever happen.

I feel bad for the Palestinians, but they had ample opportunities to have this resolved peacefully and through the proper channels and relations with Israel, for starters they could declare Israel's right to exist, and maybe then Israel would agree and legitimize the Hamas as a ruling political party in Gaza, until then they are terrorists and should be treated as such..

Right now what no one sees is the agents provocateurs, the shit disturbers who are not in it for ideological reasons, these are the people who are into criminal activities and also to further Iran's agenda as well as to solidify their hold on power amongst the Palestinians, eventually there will be a Palestinian State, and when that time comes there are those that want to be in control of it from the beginning...

Granted the Israeli's should have dismantled the settlements quicker and moved the peace process along faster, as to the blockade, this was to try and make it so that the Hamas could not receive weapons, it wasn't to starve the population, the Israeli's have always maintained that humanitarian aid would be allowed into the Gaza strip, it's the Hamas who ensured that the blockade would get tightened each time they broke the cease fire by firing rockets into Israel. Some have made the argument that for the amount of deaths attributed by these rockets that the response by Israel is over the top, I would say to them that yes the loss of life was small in comparison, but you try and put yourself in the shoes of an Israeli and hearing a rocket heading towards where you live on a daily basis, it wasn't fired by the Hamas to kill as many Israel's as possible although they wouldn't be displeased if it did take a lot, their intent is the physcological aspect of the rockets...
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Return to Political Intrigue