Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

Postby Egaladeist » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Gov. Perry Backs Resolution Affirming Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHrIxc-QyE

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

“I believe that our federal government has become oppressive in its size, its intrusion into the lives of our citizens, and its interference with the affairs of our state,” Gov. Perry said. “That is why I am here today to express my unwavering support for efforts all across our country to reaffirm the states’ rights affirmed by the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. I believe that returning to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Constitution and its essential 10th Amendment will free our state from undue regulations, and ultimately strengthen our Union.”
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Re: Texas Sovereignty Under 10th Amendment

Postby cheapscotchron » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:19 pm

On 04-09-09, the Indiana Senate passed Senate Resolution 42 (SR0042) to claim “sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States over all powers not otherwise enumerated and granted to the federal government by the Constitution of the United States.”
The final vote was 44-3;

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/200 ... amendment/
Tis better to be boozed than bruised
cheapscotchron
1st Century Addict

Postby rapier57 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 pm

The states can, and should, retain any and all rights granted via the tenth amendment:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Also, nine states:

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The core issue is that the Constitution is a statement of "We the people of the United States ..." not We the federal government or We the various states. By the sole power and right of the people, these powers and rights are delegated to the United States or the States respectively. Any and all rights and powers not specifically delegated to the United States or the states respectively are retained by the people.

'Bout stinkin' time the states right issue came up again. It is a good thing because it throws a healthy light on those rights and powers still held by the people.
Rapier57.

Jayne: Testing. Testing. Captain, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through good and loud.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

@rapier57
rapier57
I've posted HOW many

Postby Panama Red » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:19 pm

So how does that work for the states that are always declaring state emergencies and cry to the feds (FEMA) to hurry up and cough up funds (which is supplemented by Tax Payers from across the US) isn't that a sort of my cake and eat it too scenario?

Everyone is declaring the sky is falling (especially Republicans) and saying enough with "big government" well Dubya created the Homeland Security branch and you can't get any more intrusive into private citizens life then those characters can...so many people with short memories in America, it's like Obama inherited all these problems so it's his fault....lol...talk about passing the buck.... :wink:

I like the perry website, he is real proud of this, yet 1 post below that one is one about trying to secure more Federal Funding for the Hurricane cleanups...soooooo stay out of my house, but pass me your wallet..... :pleasantry:

How do you think other tax payers from the other states that never get to dip into these magical emergency funds feel about this sort of thing, especially when people are told time and time again "you shouldn't build your home there, it's in a flood plain" or as in Louisiana......maybe it's a good idea for the state of Louisiana to take some of it's money (if they can pry enough of it from the corrupt officials hands) and build New Orleans to withstand the apocalypse, instead of waiting for the shite to hit the fan and then having to go begging for aid...

Love how a lot of these Republican Governors are thumping their chest and are riling up the locals against Obama's bailout schemes, yet are not saying no to funds being sent to their states to assist in the recovery....it's a good thing the Democrats aren't mean and nasty people, if they were a lot of the funds wouldn't see a Republican state, they don't need any Republican votes in either house.....can you say one party system soon....

A central Government is a necessary evil if the rest of the Union is to survive, because in reality each individual state couldn't do it on their own without assistance....as for intrusive regulation, well it was the republican administration that brought a lot of that into being, and as well it was their ignoring of some regulations that led to wall street crumbling...6 or 1/2 dozen it's all the same thing...
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Harbinger » Sun May 10, 2009 10:11 pm

Panama Red wrote:A central Government is a necessary evil if the rest of the Union is to survive, because in reality each individual state couldn't do it on their own without assistance....as for intrusive regulation, well it was the republican administration that brought a lot of that into being, and as well it was their ignoring of some regulations that led to wall street crumbling...6 or 1/2 dozen it's all the same thing...

The USA did just fine before the Federal Reserve and Federal Income Tax were created. In fact, those were the most prosperous times in the nation's history. There is a direct coorelation between the size of the federal government, military involvment, devaluation of the currency, and loss of individual liberty since the very early 20th century.

I whole-heartedly agree that Republicans are as much to blame as anyone else for our current state of disunion. We've more or less had a one party system for the last 30 to 40 years. Democrats and Repulicans only disagree on how they should lord over your lives and steal your labor and freedoms--there are no real differences between them.

As to regulation, well...liquidation and bankruptcy are probably the two best regulators to have ever existed. The SEC existed, had AMPLE money and resources, but simply didn't do its job. Of course, this means that we need more SEC obviously...the only response government has to its failures are that more of it is needed. I garuntee you that private risk assessment agencies do infinitely better than government regulations simply because they need to do well to survive. The government on the other hand actually REQUIRES that it fail in order to grow and stay relevant. That's what I call a conflict of interest.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Return to Political Intrigue