The NHS Vs the Republicans

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

Re: The NHS Vs the Republicans

Postby Harbinger » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:07 am

Yeah, it's pretty easy to make that much money when you profit from government endorsed non-competitive bids for the massive artificial demand created by the same entity. Almost no competition and bottomless government largess is a great way to make money.

Note how it is the government entitlement programs that got conned, not private practices and insurers.

Furthermore, in the 43 years Medicare has been in service, there is an estimate of nearly $40,700,000,000+ USD in losses due to fraud. That's without counting this latest Pfizer debacle. Yes, let's give them more power. They obviously know what they're doing.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Postby Panama Red » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

It's not just the pharma companies scamming the government, it's all of them, one of the worst is the Arms manufacturers, how much have they bilked the feds out of tax payers money.....but hey they are sacred and holy ground, how many reps owe their positions to these giants...so in that regard I agree the Government oversight sucks, but Obama's Health reform will go some ways to correct and level the playing field.To do nothing is not the answer, but yet that's all the Republicans whine about, they can't even come up with an alternative, it's no longer about the reform bill, it's they lost the bloody election and they are throwing their toys out of the pram and they want Obama gone..The divide is astonishing, how can any legislators ever get anything done in that atmosphere of hate.....abolish the 2 party system and open it up for others, maybe then when there is real competition for the public's votes, more will get done. :pleasantry:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby Harbinger » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:39 am

I think you're beginning to understand it now. It is only because of the monolithic central government that any of these abuses can occur.

Dismiss the gluttonous federal tax system and there is no longer a trought to feed at. Without all sorts of idle money and power waiting around to be used, lobbyists stop existing.

Why would arms manufacturers lobby/manipulate government if it can't afford to pay them?
What senator can jockey for some foreign war of aggression when there is no budget to back it?

Get rid of welfare programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and you'll have no agency to exploit, whether it be for leveraging power over a market, or simply gouging money. You'll then have people who must work hard and be responsible to succeed, as well as companies that must satisfy customers in order to exist, whether insurance or hospitals.

Get rid of ineffective, wasteful, and corrupt government regulators and two things will happen. You'll have plenty of screening agencies that will step in to fill the void. With nothing but reputation to validate them, they MUST excell at screening harmful products or they will lose trust and fail. Consumers will also have to be more aware of what they purchase, no longer able to substitute government agency for responsible thought. Furthermore, it's much more difficult to buy off/corrupt 20 regulators than it is to infiltrate/corrupt one government entity--no matter how large.

See what happens when you remove large central government? It's a system build on free choices where no person is cohersivly encumbered by another, and people must be responsible, motivated, and thurough thinkers to succeed. Abuse,fraud, and waste are much less common, and should they happen--the cases can only be isolated, not systemic. Those issue are easily resolved in court. Fraud is proven, the company pays compensation, and likely goes out of business from having lost integrity. Viola.

Prosperity and well-being can only come through self-determination, not government parenthood. It is precisely the inverse ideology and methodology that has been constantly disproven throughout the 20th century, and has finally caught up and crippled the USA today.
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Previous

Return to Political Intrigue