Fighting against your civil liberties since 2006!

Where to go for and post Political chatter and gossip, including Government screw ups, Military covert operations, top secret files, anything related to Government.
catch
Wankers Cramp - no - its from typing - HONEST

Fighting against your civil liberties since 2006!

Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:59 am

So I have a new job.

My months of fighting with corporate America... Microsoft's lack of strategy ("Let's keep everything the same except the interface." Innovative!) to Amazon's short-sightedness ("We don't like model based security because it doesn't provide the kind of development freedom we want." The freedom to develop software that would violate the model if one were present?) to Intel's flat out idiocy ("What are the risks a new can face" Now you're just wasting my time.)

I have given up on seeking another job like my last and sold my soul for rent money. That's right, one of big brother's fantabulously unsexy arms.

I'll prolly hang myself in six months for becoming everything I hate. Dramatic? Well yeah, but I am less than pleased with myself... I think I'll try to find a bookstore job or something.

bleh,

catch

Proud Nubian Princess

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:16 am

hi catch,

Don't know exactly what you do...but there's a good job site I just posted for independant contractors who want to bid on jobs.

Eg ;)

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:23 am

What will you be doing? Anything related to computers?

- Xierox
Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

catch

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:27 am

Oh yeah, it involves computers... developing new technologies for spying on my countrymen of course! What else does the government do these days?

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:32 am

Darn. :( That sucks. I'm sorry. Hope ya find another job quickly!

- Xierox
Sometimes the light's all shining on me, other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been.

alleyCat
I type, therefore I am

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:10 am

haw... How long you signed up for? contract I'm assuming... civilian position?

:)

//xierox: I love your avatar! MI rawks! One of my fav games ever... and I still quote the sword fighting insults.. much to my social detriment.

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:25 am

alleyCat wrote://xierox: I love your avatar! MI rawks! One of my fav games ever... and I still quote the sword fighting insults.. much to my social detriment.
Agreed. Have you played all four? And I quote, them, too. Haha. :lol:

- Xierox

catch

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:34 am

I don't do time contracts, only project ones.

The problem is, I am a very niche professional, and so job searching is a monumental effort that wil be harmed by a day job. The fact that I can never find a job where I am is a pain as well, and I am not moving to Virginia.

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:48 am

hi catch,

The one I suggested before is a project bid site...but mostly in the area of programming and web building

without actually knowing what it is you do I can't be much help but here's another project bid site...

http://www.thecentralmall.com/cgi-bin/t ... k&mode=tcm
Freelance Jobs MarketPlace TheCentralMall.com : computer jobs

Eg ;)

ImageImage

alleyCat
I type, therefore I am

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 am

catch wrote:I don't do time contracts, only project ones.
OIC. Very cool... :) Is that just your personal preference? Or do you find that is the only way you work in your field?

Debs
Mrs. Drunky McDrunkpants

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:06 am

Will you at least warn us before you come swooping in and arresting us, or are we all just guinea pigs for your new technologies? ;)
The post office just released a new stamp in the shape of a clitoris but it's not selling very well because only 3% of men know how to lick it.

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ
Are you a Spammer: No

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:39 am

oh bugger..
/Phear Mode enabled..

Ok Catch.. now for the truth.. before you find out at work..

Mate.. I am not an Australian, I am really a Chinese operative called 'The Jackass", and my location is Washington State.. I know absolutly nothing about computers, I have a little program that I C&P posts from forums into and it comes up with the techno answers ..with spelling errors.. to c&p back into the threads.. so I looks smart and type like a lazy greek.
My people are recruiting the civilian population to revolt against the government and big business.. destroy Misrocoft, sun, ibm, intel, AMD, Enron, the Japanese Victor Company, and South west Bell.. and give back all the money these have been stealing from the populace so they can buy buy buy all our cheep imports........

Hmmm.. something tells me thay wont have you in the spook business straight away.. you will more than likely start in the more legit information collection.. as time goes on your tasks will change.. just simple little changes .. fine graduations.. jusy little incursions over the line..step by step little by little.. you consience will always feel good.. then one day you will find yourself justifying to one of us what your dept is doing is good.. then you will realise the your 30mile into enemy territory...
Your Wise.. you will see and have a good idea.. better than others..
All the BEst.. and guard your standards.. (sorry for my joking around).. What we stand for is many times all we have.. so care for what you stand for ..and when you know it is good.. gaurd it jealously..
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

catch

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 am

I just want a nice little job at a software or consulting company.

I wrote an exec at Opera and explained to him how I could offer him tremendous value making Opera immune from malware AND immune from passing malware across every device within an enterprise.

"Security is not a primary concern of Opera's at this time."

Well, ok then. I stopped using Opera that day.

cheers,

catch
Last edited by catch on Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Nubian Princess

xierox
Hoopy Frood

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:15 am

catch wrote:"Security is not a primary concern of Opera's at this time."
Too bad for them. It would be a good marketing device.

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:25 am

Well Opera are just idiots for that, then.. Did you write to the Mozilla crew, by any chance? ;)

So catch, where exactly DO you work now? The government? I thought you were going to Microsoft? :?

// Everybody: Feel free to slap me :roll: :P
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]