National Sex Offender Registry

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

National Sex Offender Registry

Postby Aspman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:07 pm

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

A very scary website for the US. Allows you to input an address and it bring up a map of the area with location and picture of all the registered sex offenders in that area.

In the UK you'd go to jail for publishing that website.

Protection of youth or an invitation to vigilantism.

I don't know if this work work under 'Megan's Law' where the access to information would be withdrawn after misuse by the community.

Other worries would be about the source of the information, what if it's wrong. What if in downtown Canada you click on the link for John P. Aedophile and up pops an image of John Q. Public who was done for shoplifting or a picture of a non offender.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby SirDice » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:34 pm

A site like that would violate any and all privacy laws here in the Netherlands.. Yes, even murderers, rapists and child molesters have privacy.
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Maverick » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:30 pm

Holy shit, I just checked my address and found out there's a convicted sex offender living in my neighborhood! :shock:

You know what, in this case, I say to hell with privacy - in my eyes, you lose your rights when you become a sex offender. Wouldn't you guys like to know if there's a convicted child rapist living in your neighborhood where your kids play?
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby Aspman » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:51 pm

What if they stuck your picture up by accident?

It's already happened here, the wrong picture goes in a newspaper or even just a rumour gets out that the new guy in the neighbourhood is a paedo. People have died here with mistakes like that.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby Maverick » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:54 pm

Aspman wrote:What if they stuck your picture up by accident?

An unfortunate incident that would have to be resolved - I'd take my chances though...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for privacy, but when you violate a child, or when you rape a woman, etc. - you are nothing in my eyes....

Just now saw your edit:
Wouldn't you rather know that your next door neighbor whose house your kids go to everyday for cookies was a registered sex offender?
- Maverick
Maverick
Top Gun

Postby llama love » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:24 pm

I have known someone who was on the reciving end of one of these accidents....I can tell you its NOT "An unfortunate incident that would have to be resolved"!

Yes id agree that the children or whatever should be protected but this should be done by the authoritys not whoever feels like it.
llama love
UtterTazNutter

Postby DaFoxx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:24 pm

I'm a firm believer in mincing those found guilty
feet first whilst alert

then you wouldn't NEED these lists, cos they'd all be dead ;)
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Morganlefay » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:29 am

I am with Mr Fox on this...... and if it were my kid.....I am sure I could thnk of something to add some more pain 8)

although you know my brother was falsly accused of raping a woman..date rape...even though they had been dating and ahd previous relations...they went out drinking as they always had done ........ but this time she was "too drunk" to remember....funny how she charged him 2 weeks later.......after she wanted to get more serious...and he didnt.

The case dragged along for 4 years, our family name was published in the newspaper once.....then there was a publication ban put in place.......but everybody knew.....

I think convicted child molester list should be public.........

But then if we used Mr Foxes method....there would be no need now...would there :shock:

MLF
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.
Morganlefay
I've posted HOW many

Postby SirDice » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:08 am

What about giving people a second chance? What if the offender made a mistake and regrets it? With a list like this you would remain marked for life.. Come to think of it, you won't have a life anymore..

Nope, I don't like it.. I don't like sex offenders either but privacy is a basic human right and everybody is entitled to it.

Same goes for political parties.. I'm very much against forbidding a political party. We live in a democracy, this means everybody is entitled to an opinion. But I'm also entiteld to not agree with them. I can vote for them or not.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby J_K9 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:25 am

Morganlefay wrote:I am with Mr Fox on this...... and if it were my kid.....I am sure I could thnk of something to add some more pain 8)

Exactly. If someone molested my child, I would find out who they were and beat the living crap out of them. If anyone were to harm my family, I'd see to it that they get equal or more pain inflicted upon them. I don't give people second chances in situations like this.

That's why I am for this list.
SirDice wrote:What about giving people a second chance? What if the offender made a mistake and regrets it? With a list like this you would remain marked for life.. Come to think of it, you won't have a life anymore..

I wouldn't give them a second chance. If someone molested my child, see above - I'd make sure that they could never stand up again. They wouldn't have a life? So what - they just destroyed the life of a child, ffs. Imagine that, being molested as a child; it would scar you for life.

These people do not deserve second chances. They deserve to be locked up for life. Or, if they're lucky, be given the death sentence. I'm with Fox on this one.

I can be a fairly passive person, but do have extreme and passionate views on some things... This is one of them ;)
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Postby SirDice » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:11 pm

Now we disagree... That's democracy at work :mad: :D

I'm not saying these people shouldn't be punished. I'm all for that. But when somebody received treatment, served their time, did their punishment, show remorse, regret.. Then what?

And it always starts with something.. Today, it's a list of sex offenders, next step a list of murderers? Where will it end? How about you showing up on a list of convicted speeders? Speed kills you know...

J_K9 wrote:I wouldn't give them a second chance. If someone molested my child, see above - I'd make sure that they could never stand up again. They wouldn't have a life? So what - they just destroyed the life of a child, ffs. Imagine that, being molested as a child; it would scar you for life.

Thing is.. You'll be locked away for killing that offender.. Does that help your child?
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Aspman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:23 pm

As a second issue I have a problem with the word 'National'.

Putting national as the first word of a title of any organisation gives the impression that it is a state run organisation.

That gives a false sense of trust to the pupli.

We have some adverts running over hear wfor companies with names like "The National Debt Help Service", which isn't national nor is it a service it is in fact a debt reconcilliation company. I actually considered complaining to the advertising authority on that one.

Child sex offenders, yes I think morally they should be taken out, chemical castration is probably more eithical but I think most people would be happy to have them dead. Justice however is not perfect and there are too many cases of mistaken identity, police incompetance or corruption to go down that course.

Guilt can't often be proved with absolute certainty so the absolute course of action shouldn't be taken.
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby Elsparrow » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:30 pm

SirDice, publishing the offenders name may end their "life".

But think about it. That kids life ended as soon as it was molested.

You want equal rights in this world people, so therefore the offenders life should end the same as the victims.

As far as I care a child rapist or child sex offender is the same as a terrorist: scum of the Earth who I will happily rid of in this world if I could.

And the guy who owns the company I work for, had his child sexually abused by the nanny they hired (think it was male).

As much as the guy has pockets deeper than the Marianas Trench, I would never wish that on him.
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Postby llama love » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:31 pm

Dont get me wrong, if a relation of the kid wants to get get some payback id look the other way, but thats not what this list is about....this list tells EVERYONE, it shouldnt be up to some scally down the street that wants an excuse to use his baseball bat, I agree with SirDice everyone deserves privacy, once we take it from some we take it from all
llama love
UtterTazNutter

Postby Elsparrow » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:33 pm

Why the fuck should the child suffer, or the woman for the rest of their fucking life?

They are gonna suffer FACT, I had a friend get raped 2 weeks ago and she is an emotional wreck right now.

Rapists and Child Abusers aren't fucking human they are animals in my eyes.

Cos to me a human is able to tell right from wrong, thats one of the aspects that define a human.
Elsparrow
In with the out crowd

Next

Return to Political Intrigue