Conversations on Congress

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

Postby devpon » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:34 am

I guess he is hoping that if enough time passes before the shift in power can actually take place, maybe they'll forget to indict him?

Indict him on what?
Personally, I know that no successful politicials give the slightlest care for the American people, they only care about special interest, thus the best government is a gridlocked government (this is why Clinton did so well and Bush so terribly).

But I digress, the American government is just fucked, and it won't get better without a reason, and outside of a revolution, I see no reason on the horizon.

And that says it all. Our representatives(yeh right) aren't worth a shit.
devpon
I COULD be out shopping

Postby catch » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:00 am

Indict him on what?

Who is gonna take the fall when/if the questionable actions in Afghan/Iraq start requiring accountability?

Regardless of whether or not you agree with his policy, enough Americans have been killed for no tangible gain to warrant indictment for something to do with all of that now that his party is unable to coddle him.

Will it happen? Who knows, all this election told me is that Americans HATE the Republicans, because the Dems ran some of the most inept campaigns (per usual) and still cleaned up. Thus I think it is unrealistic to expect them to put together any meaningful anything (remember, this is the same party that left Gore high and dry in 2000, yet no one seems to remember that).

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess
catch
Wankers Cramp - no - its from typing - HONEST

Postby DaFoxx » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:03 pm

who was that independant that ran a while back .............. Ross Perot ?

maybe you'll get a decent alternative
stranger things have happened ..............
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby devpon » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:11 pm

Who is gonna take the fall when/if the questionable actions in Afghan/Iraq start requiring accountability?

I don't think anyone will. Either party trying to do that will get slammed even worse than they are now.
Regardless of whether or not you agree with his policy, enough Americans have been killed for no tangible gain to warrant indictment for something to do with all of that now that his party is unable to coddle him.

I still feel not much of anything will be done about him. Too much mud slinging going on in this election. People are fed up. Do they want to see more? Don't think so.
devpon
I COULD be out shopping

Postby catch » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:24 pm

Well, it looks like he is going to be indiced by the EU.

I still feel not much of anything will be done about him. Too much mud slinging going on in this election. People are fed up. Do they want to see more? Don't think so.

Oddly, I received about 50-60 mud slinging phone calls from the Republicans, but saw or heard nothing of the kind from the Dems (partly because I think they're too inept to put together a cohesive campaign). I think the reason the Dems did so well is becaus America is pissed about the war and about how things have been handled, if Rummy's blood were sought, I don't think it would displease many.

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess
catch

Postby Panama Red » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:06 pm

catch wrote:Oddly, I received about 50-60 mud slinging phone calls from the Republicans, but saw or heard nothing of the kind from the Dems (partly because I think they're too inept to put together a cohesive campaign). I think the reason the Dems did so well is becaus America is pissed about the war and about how things have been handled, if Rummy's blood were sought, I don't think it would displease many.

cheers,

catch

We in Canada see a lot of this happening lately...revenge voting, people so fed up with one party that regardless of the opposite parties policies they get the vote to punish the other party...childish if you ask me, and a useless form of expression as they are all the same colour underneath the clothes. Politicians are crooks period.....it's just who is the better crook that counts? :evil:
Panama Red
I come Unseen

Postby catch » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:13 am

Politicians are crooks period.....it's just who is the better crook that counts?

Exactly, you want crooks who are too dumb to steal effectively and you want multiple crooks with conflicting interests so they just turn on each other and can't screw over the people.

cheers,

catch
Proud Nubian Princess
catch

Postby Harbinger » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:12 pm

catch wrote:
I never really understood why you guys vote for people to run your states and those people in turn vote for the president... why not have the people just vote straight for the president??? Or have i got that wrong too???

That is correct... it originally started as a method of conducting elections over the rather large country, without telecommunications (plus there were some psychological issues at play with Americans being VERY sensitive to the idea of a powerful centralized government). However, it has one MAJOR flaw (the same flaw throughout the US government) an that is that people in rural areas have more say in the federal government than people in urban areas.

The reason is that each state gets one electoral vote for each of their members of Congress. The lower house of Congress (House of Reps), the number a state gets is relational to it's population, however EVERY state gets two Senators (Which right these means that rural states with populations around or even 1million get the same weight in the Senate as states like California with over 30million people) and because of this, each vote in rural states effectively have stronger votes than people in populous ones.

It's also based on the idea that individual states have power inherently of themselves, and that the Federal government is supplied with power by the states. It's the entire reason why we have 2 houses of Congress. However, this (by today's standards) is a very outdated and nearly forgotten aspect of the USA.
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ

Previous

Return to Political Intrigue