French Presidential Election

Where to go for Political chatter and gossip

French Presidential Election

Postby Harbinger » Sun May 06, 2007 3:26 am

So who do you all think is going to win? Who would you like to win? and, does it matter to anyone who's not French?

Personally, I like Sarkozy. Yes yes, I am a Yankee and he does have good relations with the USA, but over all he just seems to be a compentant economist with a no PC-bull$#!t attitude to clean up the lazy welfare cows and kick the unproductive delinquents out of France.

Royal just seems naive, unstable, and even alittle childish to me. She wants to make the dredges and leeches of French society even more comfortable than they already are with resources that a declining French nation doesn't have.

Elections are held today and tomorrow. What do you guys think?
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
User avatar
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:01 am
Location: University X

Postby Phate » Sun May 06, 2007 3:28 am

The french have presidents?

Waaa?
Phate
Going out is soo last millenium
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: The Blue Nowhere

Postby THE Doctor » Sun May 06, 2007 4:05 am

Phate wrote:The french have presidents?

Waaa?


Resident of the good ole US of A

here a training video on Geography..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmOXXcdDhXw

all these years I didnt know I lived in North Korea, France, Iran, Israel........all at the same time
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
User avatar
THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ
 
Posts: 6583
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Postby Vorlin » Sun May 06, 2007 7:44 pm

I would've gone with Sarkozy but now it doesn't matter as he won.

See here.

Good stuff for France as his agenda is way better for multiple improvements that actually mean something and aren't catering to the comfort zone of the welfare class.
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.
User avatar
Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]
 
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: N. Augusta, SC

Postby Phate » Sun May 06, 2007 9:37 pm

und3rtak3r wrote:
Phate wrote:The french have presidents?

Waaa?


Resident of the good ole US of A

here a training video on Geography..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmOXXcdDhXw

all these years I didnt know I lived in North Korea, France, Iran, Israel........all at the same time


Lol, i was kidding
I knew they had Presidents ;)

Just a joke...bad one
Phate
Going out is soo last millenium
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: The Blue Nowhere

Postby Aspman » Mon May 07, 2007 10:05 am

Yeah they voted for him now but they'll be out in the streets as soon as he tries to reform the French welfare system and the employment laws.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
User avatar
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist
 
Posts: 8871
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Scotland

Postby Panama Red » Mon May 07, 2007 12:22 pm

Aspman wrote:Yeah they voted for him now but they'll be out in the streets as soon as he tries to reform the French welfare system and the employment laws.


That's okay..just means the "Legion" will suddenly find themselves with a lot more recruits.... :mad:
Image
User avatar
Panama Red
I come Unseen
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am

Postby Aspman » Mon May 07, 2007 1:51 pm

Do you not need to be foreign to join the Legion?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
User avatar
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist
 
Posts: 8871
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:07 am
Location: Scotland

Postby Panama Red » Mon May 07, 2007 2:34 pm

Aspman wrote:Do you not need to be foreign to join the Legion?


As in unemployed on the state chits "immigrants" types would qualify as foreigners.. :lol: Also it's usually filled up with ex-cons or those about to serve types... 8)
Image
User avatar
Panama Red
I come Unseen
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am

Postby Kwiep » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:58 pm

You need to be a tough mo***fo***er to join the legion. I figure if you already have the french nationality you can get a job just fine if you're that fit.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind pouring some EU cash in some mad european legion and dropping em all over Africa to help civilise that place a bit.

I've been to Paris last week, and not to brag, but compared to the Netherlands it's a shithole. Some argue the netherlands is over-regulated, but I don't mind the clean stuff every now and then. Also, I'm not sure about france, but living on the street in the netherlands is a choice purely, no idea why there's so many "clocharts (sp?)" in Paris. Altough they might just make more then me with all the tourists.
Double Dutch
User avatar
Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:43 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Postby Panama Red » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Kwiep wrote:You need to be a tough mo***fo***er to join the legion. I figure if you already have the french nationality you can get a job just fine if you're that fit.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind pouring some EU cash in some mad european legion and dropping em all over Africa to help civilise that place a bit.

I've been to Paris last week, and not to brag, but compared to the Netherlands it's a shithole. Some argue the netherlands is over-regulated, but I don't mind the clean stuff every now and then. Also, I'm not sure about france, but living on the street in the netherlands is a choice purely, no idea why there's so many "clocharts (sp?)" in Paris. Altough they might just make more then me with all the tourists.


Lol...even the locals in Bordeaux think Paris is shitty...... :mad:
Image
User avatar
Panama Red
I come Unseen
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:14 am

Postby Harbinger » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Dalek wrote:Lol...even the locals in Bordeaux think Paris is shitty...... :mad:


The French.....complain?!?!?! What is this? When did this begin? I must have lived under a rock for the past eon!
"I am never wrong. I thought I was once, but I was mistaken."
User avatar
Harbinger
Aspiring Anti-Christ
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:01 am
Location: University X

Postby Kwiep » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:56 pm

You don't have to be french to complain, you just have to be in france. You should see the other foreigners in the parisian traffic. I laughed my arse off! Frustration all over! We just put on some parisian jazz radio and pretended it was a computer game. Hell, every time we came across a group of school children and/or a distinctively native french guy one of the three jackasses in the back shouted BONIS POINTS!
Double Dutch
User avatar
Kwiep
Field Marshal Von Uber Tazmaniac
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:43 pm
Location: The Netherlands


Return to Political Intrigue

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron