A new lurker Signs up

Please make your first post here, and familiarize yourself with TAZ Forums by taking a moment and reading the stickies. Spank-you...errr....thank-you...and enjoy your stay!
Welsh Wizard
Wannabee

A new lurker Signs up

Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:47 am

Hi All

use the handle WW on many site re computer and Motorcycle related, even a few that at not related to comps or motorcycles.

any way found my way here as a result of being nosey on http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.u ... efault.asp as Dafoxx is a member there has a link to this site and as I am a retired CEO of a small computer company in NZ, I had an interest in any tech things so joined up.

I noticed this
=Egaladeist

Accounts that are more than 6 months old who have never posted are actively deleted.

If you are a lurker, have never posted, and your account is more than 6 months old, please notify us in this thread that you are lurking...or your account may be inadvertently deleted.

So forearmed, :oops: I tend to be a lurker more than a poster in tech sites, mainly trying to keep up to date and see how things have change in the last three years :wink: . So please do not delete my account unless I have beeen e-mailed first, it may just be a case of posting a bump to let you know I still visit :oops:

Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks for the notice.

We'd rather you did post though. We're not that weird.

well maybe....
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ
Are you a Spammer: No

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 am

my god a a welsh Wizard kiwi...

what this #2 from the land of the long white cloud. where men are men, women wear heavy woollen coats and the White n Wooly Sunday lunch on legs are still afraid..

In other words.. g'day. .
We'd rather you did post though. We're not that weird.
It only seems that way cause of the imbalance .. not enough White n Wooly Sunday lunch on legs shaggers.. Asp is lonely
.. The trouble with life is there's no background music..

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:46 am

BTW Asp... Found this while.. doing a type and giggle on My 5th fav site...

Remember Grasshopper: The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:53 am

Welcome WW :D

No real need to worry about getting your account deleted...that was a suggestion of mine to keep the membership down to ' actual posters '...giving members a 6 month grace period to get that post in...lurkers who never post don't really get any extra advantage/access by registering anyways...but...for the most part the idea got squashed by the membership...

we do actively trim the membership ( eg. you are the 4538th person to register but we have only 2516 listed members )...so...2022 members have been deleted...but there's no hard n' fast rules regarding member deletions, it's still more-or-less left to judgment calls.

THE Doctor
Ex Und3rtak3r from OZ

Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Egaladeist wrote:...so...2022 members have been deleted...but there's no hard n' fast rules regarding member deletions, it's still more-or-less left to judgment calls.
But we did retire the grim reaper.. member deletions have settled down since we retyred him...

Maverick
Top Gun

Re: A new lurker Signs up

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Welsh Wizard wrote:Hi All

use the handle WW on many site re computer and Motorcycle related, even a few that at not related to comps or motorcycles.

any way found my way here as a result of being nosey on http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.u ... efault.asp as Dafoxx is a member there has a link to this site and as I am a retired CEO of a small computer company in NZ, I had an interest in any tech things so joined up.

Hi WW, a fellow rider!

Welcome to our home..

Be sure to take a look at TBZ (The Biker Zone) - http://www.thebikerzone.net - it's our motorcycle site that we are getting off the ground.. Setup as a blog now, got some pics and other content, but you can expect more will be coming from this site in the future..
- Maverick

Vorlin
Taz's very own Fireman [RIP]

Sat May 17, 2008 9:06 am

A new lurker, eh? Does this mean I have to break out the night-vision binoculars and look for you while you creep around my house like a spec-ops going covert style?

Good to see you here, another bike rider! (I don't ride but I know Maverick is the crazy one with the bike)
In the world of protection, one thing is for sure: security = 1 / convenience.