Intro

Please make your first post here, and familiarize yourself with TAZ Forums by taking a moment and reading the stickies. Spank-you...errr....thank-you...and enjoy your stay!

Intro

Postby bluedrakonis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:29 pm

Well I am a PC geek from way back. the first computer I ever worked on was an Apple I was 8 and thought I could fix it. One removed cover and several electrocutions (never work on something plugged in, on a dirt floor, and lay your hand on exposed metal) I got hooked. Now I wonder the web learning things from PHP to Cantena and many things in between. I know that their is a lot that I can learn from here and hope to be able to contribute as well with my limited knowledge.

The wisest man in the world will claim to know nothing.
bluedrakonis
Wannabee

Re: Intro

Postby Egaladeist » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:03 pm

welcome! :mrgreen:
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby Aspman » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Welcome, ^ Egman is old too :wink:
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby SirDice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:57 pm

bluedrakonis wrote:(never work on something plugged in, on a dirt floor, and lay your hand on exposed metal)

You'd think you'd learn after getting zapped once... Not me, I can't even remember how many times I got zapped.

One time was really funny, at least it is now, it wasn't then.. So I got me a TV card for my computer. Stuck it in the PC put the PC back, turned it on, installed it. Everything OK.

Then I tried to connect the cable connection to the card. Under my desk, crawling over the PC tower trying to get the cable in the right connector on the back I found out there's about 60Vac difference between the cable's 'ground' and my PC's ground. How did I find out? I got zapped on the chin because that was resting on the PC's case while plugging in the cable. That jolted me up, banging my head against the desk. As a reflex you take your head down, banging my chin again on the PC, shocking me again, jolting me up, banging my head against the desk, again. I suddenly realized how a pinball must feel at times... :blink:

Anyway, welcome :good:
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby bluedrakonis » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Old Im only 27. It just takes a while for things to come to my area. You know just last week we finally got the big cell phones (about 12 inches long) and the internet.
bluedrakonis
Wannabee

Postby Lucy66 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:54 am

Welcome and great to see you here. :D
joyfax
Lucy66
Probie

Return to Introduction Room