Who is the Whiz

Please make your first post here, and familiarize yourself with TAZ Forums by taking a moment and reading the stickies. Spank-you...errr....thank-you...and enjoy your stay!
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Spec wrote:Don't listen to stuff like the above.
Then what advice would YOU give him, Spec?

I've learnt from papers on the internet, tutorials, books, friends, etc, and I'm still learning (and have one heck of a lot to learn). But, where should he start? Where should he go from there?

Instead of just flicking these suggestions away, try to post something constructive ;)
My advice is don't do anything thats not in your job description. Never buy into something that's selling point is the H-word.
Let's say that he wants to become a pen tester in the future (you never know).. What would be your advice then? He wouldn't be able to 'do' the things in his job description unless he learnt how to do them, and I know how hard it is to start - we all know how hard it is. It takes time and dedication. Giving him a little push in the right direction wouldn't hurt :)

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

Opus
I type, therefore I am

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:24 pm

J_K9, ignore him, his posts provide no content other than controversy. Even read what he posted after what you quoted. His technical support of his comments are nothing but bashing some one else. Now that is proof of technical savvy.

Meow
There are two rules for success in life:
Rule 1: Don't tell people everything you know.

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Opus wrote:J_K9, ignore him, his posts provide no content other than controversy.
Aye, I know. I guess I was hoping he might actually post something vaguely helpful for once ;)
His technical support of his comments are nothing but bashing some one else. Now that is proof of technical savvy.
It is indeed!

Although he doesn't need to prove himself, because he is the notorious Spec. Isn't that right, kitty? :P

There's no point in helping others either... Why bother sharing your knowledge :roll: :P
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]