Say hello ac

Please make your first post here, and familiarize yourself with TAZ Forums by taking a moment and reading the stickies. Spank-you...errr....thank-you...and enjoy your stay!
J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:05 pm

dinowuff wrote:Is that you on the top or bottom?
I'm more of a 'grab them around the neck and fling them 10 metres' kinda guy :mrgreen:
I'm thinking English boarding schools and Detroit public schools are a little different.
Yep, you're definitely right about that ;) :P

They don't teach us anything good here... You can actually apply your knowledge of hot-wiring a car to a real-life situation. Now, how the hell am I going to apply Jane Austen's novels or some idiot's poems to such a situation? You might say that geography is useful, but I really couldn't care two elephants what the difference is between Hoyt's model and Burgess'.

I just hate learning things which I will not be able to use in the future. Reading Linux documents, learning how to disassemble a paintball gun in under 5 minutes, learning complex Mathematics - this I can all use in real life, and this I could quite possibly apply to a future job or interest. But English Literature? Pfft :roll:

And, before you answer that, I know why I learn it, and I accept it... I just hate learning things which I 1. am completely uninterested in, 2. don't give a rat's arse about, and 3. will never EVER use in the future.

That is all :D

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

[CS:Source Admin]

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many
Are you a Spammer: No
Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:25 pm

It's really more about time management and social graces. But most importantly, when you get into university you'll have the necessary skills to barely pass the shit courses allowing time for you to excel in the areas of study that interest you.

No one gives a shit if you got your degree from jumbos college of information security and graduated with honors, or if you barely graduated Oxford school of basket weaving.

You have a degree. And you had the necessary training to graduate on your own terms.
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:58 pm

dinowuff wrote:It's really more about time management and social graces.
Aye - time management has a lot to do with it. I think I came on here once yesterday, for a few minutes? Maybe not even at all.... I can't remember - yesterday and today have been absolute hell :(
But most importantly, when you get into university you'll have the necessary skills to barely pass the shit courses allowing time for you to excel in the areas of study that interest you.
That is true. I can't wait till I go to Uni - another thing I hate being is restricted. Two days ago, I got punished for going to breakfast late persistently. Now, there isn't a rule about this - there's only a rule that all lower years have to wait for a member of the highest year to bang the table before they can leave breakfast. Breakfast starts at 8am, and usually end at about 8.18am. I only take 6 minutes to get down, eat, and get back up. As you can imagine, I strolled down at 8.10-8.12am, had breakfast, and finished it just as they banged the table (most of the time). Another thing I absolutely *DETEST* is wasting time. So, using this method, I don't have to waste 12 minutes sitting at the table like an idiot waiting for another idiot in the upper year to bang a piece of wood.

And I got PUNISHED for this, when there isn't even a bloody RULE stating that I can't do it! There's also another guy in my year who does EXACTLY the same (not for the same reason - he just wakes up late and is a pretty lazy guy, so always wanders down to breakfast *very* late), and he has never been punished for this! Double standards ftl - and I'm meant to be one of the guys the housemaster likes most :roll:

Sorry, the past few days have just been hell... I just wish I could speak to someone higher about that punishment - it's ridiculous. The guy just took that imaginary rule out of his proverbial ass (I won't disclose why I used the word "proverbial" there, but you can probably guess).

:evil:
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold." - Bob Marley

Panama Red
I come Unseen

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:05 pm

Holy shit breky at 08:00 am, wow I must be missing out, cause I used to have to get up for 06:00 am and get it into me by 07:15 am :mad: course that's boot camp, where punishment came in the form of a size 12 pair of combat boots if you were late, no chance of missing it...unless you were dead...

8 am you lazy tards :mad:

llama love
UtterTazNutter

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:07 pm

J_K9 wrote:
dinowuff wrote:It's really more about time management and social graces.
Aye - time management has a lot to do with it. I think I came on here once yesterday, for a few minutes? Maybe not even at all.... I can't remember
ooops looks like someone didnt get their time management right. You need to make sure you keep plenty of time open for the important things (like posting here) and less time spent on the less important things (education). Nah joking aside (at least I *think* I was joking) it sounds like yer a real swat...no wait that aint what I was going to say...oh yer its all about jumping through hoops at school. Doesnt matter if you know everything under the sun (why under the sun, surely in orbit around the sun would be more accurate?) if you dont do exactly as you are told you are in for it. Just carry on as you are untill A) you go to uni or B) you take over the world and enslave all the teachers forcing them to do your bidding, which ever comes first. Uni life is so much better than school because they dont treat you like stupid babies, they take into account the fact that you may already know something and will accept the fact that you may do something a different way to them.

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:28 pm

But English Literature? Pfft
and 3. will never EVER use in the future.
the two go hand in hand
usage of the queens english will allow you write it down..............
just like you do here

and from your school you will NEVER have to know how to do ANYTHING
cos you will be employing people to do it all for you

denial will not work, just look back at the olde schoole yeare bookes
find ANYONE who flopped
that doesn't include the self inflicted wounds of drugs and alcohol

keeping a cool head, and the old school tie will save you a lot of grief

or doesn't making a cogent argument work ;)
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:25 pm

Llama - take over the world... Yeah, I'm still waiting for that :P :D
DaFoxx wrote:usage of the queens english will allow you write it down..............
just like you do here
I can practise my English in economics essays, IT essays, whatever... But comparing and contrasting two poems really rubs you up the wrong way (if you don't like it) :P
and from your school you will NEVER have to know how to do ANYTHING
cos you will be employing people to do it all for you
Don't be so sure of that ;) Example, I'm coding that e-commerce thing all by myself. It's not just because it's *my* idea, and I want to implement it, but because I just do not have the money to hire someone to do it for me.

Not all of the people who come here are rich arrogant buggers son of Duke or Count whatnot, ya know! :P :D

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:54 pm

iambic pentameter - Yea - I can guarantee that you'll never fucking be asked that in an interview. Compare and contrast? How about this for a title:
A drunk social fuckup and a tree hugging right winged illiterate cunt. Hemmingway vs. Lawrence.

I once had to write a paper about who I thought was the most influence modern contemporary poet of our time and why. I picked Chrissie Hynde (pretenders) Got an F. "Rock and Roll stars are not poets".

I remember, as a young kid, I used to love going to Stratford for the Shakespeare festivals. Theater and poetry amazed me. By the time I left high school I couldn't stand any of it. "What is the writer thinking when he wrote..." "What do you think the Author is trying to say"?

I mean WTF? Why are you asking me, it's written in black and white right in front of your face. Are your pages missing? I've understood irony and foreshadowing since the 6th grade, can this class get any more boring?

llama love
UtterTazNutter

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:06 pm

dinowuff wrote:"What is the writer thinking when he wrote..." "What do you think the Author is trying to say"?
Yer and you tend to get into a ton of trouble if you put "What he fucking wrote down!" :?

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:23 pm

llama love wrote:Yer and you tend to get into a ton of trouble if you put "What he fucking wrote down!" :?
Aye. Teachers just don't seem to see the humour in that :?

llama love
UtterTazNutter

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:24 pm

Weeel in fairness it was a pretty short essay...

dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:32 pm

My senior year, I wrote a paper titled: Stienbecks theory of free will 'East of Eden'

In my research I found that in ancient Hebrew, (Dead Sea Scrolls) the word timshell [sp] was used for the first time in the old testament. God asked Cain where his brother was and in her question was the word timshell. Translated means freewill. This is where God gave man Free will.

I got an F on that. The priest said that it was not my work. I asked him how he came to that conclusion since I rarely attended his class. The course syllabus stated that the grade would be based on 10% attendance, 5% tests, 5% quiz and 80% term paper. I showed up enough to keep a low D, and wrote an A paper. He did not like my logic and accused me of plagiarism. I contacted my families lawyer who contacted the Dean of Studies. My grade was changed to a D- so I could graduate.

No wonder I stayed stoned those four years. I missed nothing.

"When I look back on all the crap I learned in High School"

DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:06 pm

Not all of the people who come here are rich arrogant buggers son of Duke or Count whatnot, ya know!
never said they were JK
but the cost per term stops 95% of people from even contemplating access, so the rich bit stands - no scholarships :?

ans as for your coding, I'm referring to when you get into the real world were you have to earn to live

your earning capability will be greatly enhanced by the fact of your attendance at said school

don't worry about the tards teaching
they do there thing
you do yours

you'll be out of there soon enough
and uni isn't that soft a touch if you intend to make the most of it
but, again, it will give you another 'old school' network

lighten up
poetry is 8)
just not relevant

[edit]
now THIS is how to take a thread WAY off topic :D
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:

Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:29 pm

now THIS is how to take a thread WAY off topic
In traditional TAZ fashion :D

J_K9
THE Prancing Pirate

Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:44 pm

DaFoxx wrote:but the cost per term stops 95% of people from even contemplating access, so the rich bit stands - no scholarships :?
Scholarship, but I don't get any money off for it :roll: Stingy buggers.

And I beg to differ - I think you'd find that quite a few people here are well-off, not rich ;)
your earning capability will be greatly enhanced by the fact of your attendance at said school
True, to a certain extent... But it's mainly the University you went to that they look at (after grades, degree and such), if I'm not mistaken?
and uni isn't that soft a touch if you intend to make the most of it
I know it's not, but at least I'll be studying something I enjoy (hopefully). This is something I do not enjoy in the slightest.

I'll also have much more freedom than I do here...

And poetry is NOT cool :mad: :D

What English teachers don't seem to understand is that I don't need to be able to compare two poems in order to formulate a coherent argument, or to write a good essay :?