Cars and insurance

An open forum to gripe ( we also have a hidden one )...why 2 forums to gripe...cause we love it

Re: Cars and insurance

Postby Aspman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:09 pm

On topic
Assessor was out this morning.

He was fine, not all good news though.

He agreed with my assessment that the work done was not of a satisfactory standard and will need to be fixed.

He personally agreed with me that the lacquer sprayed on the front bumper which has turned existing stone chips black is not good, but his professional opinion is that it is out of scope of the repair to fix stone chips before colour matching. So although it looks sh|te and arguably worse than before, they won't fix it.

On the roof where I claim they have scratched the paint he says he can see the scratches but obviously cannot say when they occurred. He doesn't think that I'll get that fixed because the company will argue it and ultimately claim it was cats or something else.
The complication there is that the coach works did not record existing damage on the car before they took it in.

So what I wonder is where does the burden of proof lie for these scratches?
Do I have to prove they were not there before the car went in, which I can't do?
OR does the company have to prove that they were there, which they should be able to do if they were following the procedures of the Insurer i.e. go round the car with the owner and agree non-accident related damage?

The annoying thing is that if I was trying to pull a fast one there are plenty of other little knocks and scratches I'd have tried to get done before the roof.

I expect it won't be worth pursuing and I'll just have to get some Scratch-X and I'll have to pay to get the stone chips fixed, if it's even possible now they're under lacquer.

I've been posting on a car site and they're still recommending pushing things as far as they'll go.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Postby cgkanchi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:06 am

http://www.biocompare.com/Articles/Appl ... DNase.html

That'll work nicely for getting rid of DNA...
Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry website has been discontinued)
My blog (shameless plug, I know): http://biology000.blogspot.com
cgkanchi
Supertazzerfraggerlistic

Postby Aspman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:05 am

But can you buy it in B&Q?
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Previous

Return to Rants and Raves