Stupid rules

An open forum to gripe ( we also have a hidden one )...why 2 forums to gripe...cause we love it

Stupid rules

Postby SirDice » Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am

So, I regularly get email from some Director of Communication. Sent to everyone in the company.

I never asked for it, I don't read it, I don't want it. So I asked to be taken off the list.

Not possible. If I don't want the email I should create an automatic rule in Outlook that deletes it when it arrives.
So I replied, if you're going to advise people to do that why can't I simply unsubscribe?

And that's where the shit starts flowing down again. Director complains to manager, manager complains to team-lead. And I get a roasting from that team-lead.

What. The. Fuck! All I wanted was to be taken of that shitty list with that shitty drivel from that shitty director.

I figured out I can send email as "postmaster" and it'll look exactly like a regular NDR. So now I'm thinking about creating said rule but with a slight BOFH twist to it. Instead of just deleting it I'll return a fake NDR, then delete it. Lets see how long it'll take them to figure out why it bounces eventhough I'm still in the addressbook and every mail sent from other accounts still work :evil:
Oliver's Law:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Re: Stupid rules

Postby DaFoxx » Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am

you've been around Dino WAY to long
but good to see his teachings are reaching across the pond :hysterical:
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :mrgreen:
DaFoxx
DaBOSS

Postby Egaladeist » Wed May 16, 2012 12:05 pm

with a slight BOFH twist to it

you've been around Dino WAY to long

:rolf6:
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Postby SirDice » Wed May 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Yeah, something must have rubbed off :mrgreen:

This is the last American company I will work for. I'm tired of getting shat on just because I have some critique and I'm not afraid to voice it. I just wanted to start a discussion about it because I'm not the only one that's fed up with those shitty company-wide emails. Everybody I spoke to deletes them without reading a single word.

Put that shit up on an intranet site, that's what a fucking intranet site is for. Oh, yeah, I forgot. They've got a million different intranet sites and nobody can ever find anything on it. Perhaps this "Director of Communications" should focus on that instead of spamming everybody's mailbox with bullshit.

Damn, the attidude of this company really pisses me off...

It's almost as bad as the time I found out some incident management system we have to use is built in fucking FLASH!
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby dinowuff » Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm

SirDice wrote:I figured out I can send email as "postmaster" and it'll look exactly like a regular NDR.

OK How do you do that exactly? What mail system are you using?

And now back to the topic. U.S. companies are morons. I am currently being taught how to "Problem Solve" by the President of the company and his VP side kick ass licker.

No shit - I use a 11x17 sheet of paper and a #2 Pencil. NO REALLY a fucking pencil.

Seems the new direction of the company involves everyone being able to scientifically solve a problem.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT DOES? you mental midget!
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby SirDice » Wed May 16, 2012 2:42 pm

dinowuff wrote:
SirDice wrote:I figured out I can send email as "postmaster" and it'll look exactly like a regular NDR.

OK How do you do that exactly? What mail system are you using?

Outlook + Exchange. Fairly simple actually.

Just open a new email and on the "Options" tab, enable "Show From". In the From field just enter "postmaster". Create the rest of the email as usual and click on send. I wouldn't be surprised if that's possible due to some setting set by a braindead admin in response to a request from an even more ignorant manager.

And now back to the topic. U.S. companies are morons. I am currently being taught how to "Problem Solve" by the President of the company and his VP side kick ass licker.

Oh, I'd love to see them try that one on me. I'll give them some "problems" to solve.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby dinowuff » Wed May 16, 2012 2:57 pm

That's crazy.

You should not be able to input Postmaster into the from field unless some idiot created a mailbox and user called Postmaster. And by idiot I mean Postmaster is a built in thing with all SMTP servers. It's like a RFC thing?

Bonus here... If the NDR that generates says anything other than:

You are not allowed to send this message because you are trying to send on behalf of another sender without permission to do so. Please verify that you are sending on behalf of the correct sender, or ask your system administrator to help you get the required permission.

YOU HAVE ELEVATED RIGHTS ON THAT EXCHANGE SERVER!!!!
No lusers were harmed in the creation of this Taz Zone Post.
AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!
09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B:D8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0
dinowuff
I've posted HOW many

Location: galactic longitude 359° 56′ 39.4″, galactic latitude −0° 2′ 46.2″

Postby SirDice » Wed May 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Bummer, I'm getting exactly that message :(

Oh well, there's probably more I can try. I noticed you can fire off a script based on the rules in Outlook. I might be able to do a bit more there.
Oliver's Law:
SirDice
I've posted HOW many

Postby Aspman » Fri May 18, 2012 2:54 pm

Try working for the Gov.

My shit beats your shit any time of the day. We have retards at the top and mongs at the bottom.
If we were a sick of rock it would read "spaz" all the way through.

I think I've covered most of the offensive terms for the differently abled there. Apologies if I missed any window lickers out.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot (1713-1784)
Aspman
Frustrated Mad Scientist

Return to Rants and Raves