Blip Fruck-Ups 101

For all our Blip.fm friends, and everyone else, to discuss all things related to music, which you can't do on Blip because of character restrictions

Blip Fruck-Ups 101

Postby Egaladeist » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Has this ever happened to you?

You're coming on to Blip to spin some tunes and you notice that the numbers have changed. And not in a good way either. Suddenly, for some mystical reason, possibly poltergeists in the database, you've lost a number of ' both ' followers and favorite DJs.

Now I get how some people may decide to unfollow someone, but that's not it, because it's just not people unfollowing you, you've also lost people ' you ' are following. Even though you haven't unfollowed anyone.

This has happened to me several times on Blip since I joined in 2009. To the tune of about 600 listeners and approximately 300 favorite DJs overall. The most recent being 6 Favorite DJ's and 7 Listeners. The worst was about a year ago when Blip unfollowed about 150 favorite DJs and about 350 listeners.

At first I assumed it was just Blip clearing out old inactive accounts, which would reasonably explain why you would lose both favorite DJs and listeners, but that's not the case.

And this isn't a Blip specific problem either because this has happened on Twitter as well. Once I went on Twitter and was greeted by a DM box full of people asking me why I unfollowed them, and noticed that Twitter magically unfollowed about 400 followers and about 200 people I was following. And then I had the unfortunate task of explaining to them that I didn't unfollow them, that it was a Twitter fruck-up.

So...

Has this ever happened to you?
Egaladeist
I am the Eg man : Coo Coo Ca Choo

Return to The Music Room