La Corona

When you have general news to share - put it HERE. Anything you find newsworthy that you think others might be interested in post away! (If it's tech related please put in the tech news zone)
DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

La Corona

Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 pm

OK so we finally post something about the worldwide apocalypse now called COVID-19

daughter now self isolating, because her college is now at less then 50% of students there due to the option to self isolate if there are underlying health issues, she is now in isolation because of MOI :)
I have got four of the traits that make you more liable to fall under COVID's spell, but I am still in work, cos I am not ill [yet :P ]

IMHO, the UK Govt is trapped between the proverbial rock and a hard place
they have decided to close XY+Z but haven't fully closed schools
no public gatherings at all, and they are hoping we get through this by a low level total immersion of the illness, whereby we get immunised en masse, but the death toll will go into the 0's of 000's if not more.
Other countries are going down the lockdown path, which carries one major flaw, once you release the people back onto the streets, NONE of them will have any immunity, and one single infection will put them all back at square one.

SO, UK have taken a bold move, one that WILL cause deaths in the near future, but are hoping that it will allow us to get through this quicker than the rest

everyone else, hoping it will all just go away, and not come back, which is the other issue, this could well become an annual event, like flu, and if you have no immunity - herd or otherwise - we are going to have this worldwide shutdown again in 12 months

meanwhile, I have a bike rally to attend in early May, just the 100 of us, in a field somewhere in UK, but that too, is looking like it will not happen, which is going to send me stir crazy :shock: :hysterical:

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock:

DaFoxx
DaBOSS
Are you a Spammer: No

Re: La Corona

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:03 am

SO, here I am, now having to WFH, even though I now have papers to show Police that I am an essential worker, and authorised to travel to and from work
Co has shit out, and switched to the full WFH bollox, we are not prepared, took me three HOURS to sort the connections out, and the whole WFH is awful, I actually miss the office :shock: :hysterical:

we have to take calls on a cell, and no head sets, so grabbing details is awkward, and it is slow, fortunately, we can't access one network, so that is having to be done by the offshore team, who only used to cover it for office hours Mon to Fri, so they will be happy :P

anyhow, still breathing, the toll increases day by day, seriously worried we will see deaths into the tens of thousands in most European countries before this has peaked, and there is always next years varient to be wary of too :(

so stay safe all
catch you on the flip side
and here's to getting out and having a healthy beer or ten once this is over
Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's :shock: